NBA Draft- What do want your team to do? | The Boneyard

NBA Draft- What do want your team to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan I'm hoping Russell slips to #4 and we can sign Gasol or Greg Monroe. Plan B would be getting Okafor or Mudiay and please stay away from Porzingis.

Reaction Score
I'm a knicks fan and I don't see Russell dropping. Plus we're trying to win now. SO I'd like to do butprobably can't come close to doing:

1-- Get Aldrige
2-- Get Koufus or Biyumbo
3-- Trade down the 1st pick- try to get two players.
4-- Try to get rid of Calderon. Maybe package him with one of the draft picks. If you trade Calderon - we need an NBA starting pg.
5--- Get Wayne Ellington
6--- After all this how much will we have left in cap room?

Knicks want to go big and run the trianagle and "win now." The 4th pick doesn't get you "win now" more than likely. Rookies get abused often. Even their 2nd year. It will take time for guys like Stein to become "Tyson Chandler."

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
as a knicks fan, get rid of melo... get a very good pg or wing or go for two picks and get a pg and a big, expect not to do anything this year, go after free agents...

Reaction Score
I'm a knicks fan and I don't see Russell dropping. Plus we're trying to win now. SO I'd like to do butprobably can't come close to doing:

1-- Get Aldrige
2-- Get Koufus or Biyumbo
3-- Trade down the 1st pick- try to get two players.
4-- Try to get rid of Calderon. Maybe package him with one of the draft picks. If you trade Calderon - we need an NBA starting pg.
5--- Get Wayne Ellington
6--- After all this how much will we have left in cap room?

Knicks want to go big and run the trianagle and "win now." The 4th pick doesn't get you "win now" more than likely. Rookies get abused often. Even their 2nd year. It will take time for guys like Stein to become "Tyson Chandler."
I don't see the rush in winning. Phil and Fisher are in their 2nd year of contracts. Also teams that are winning are built thru draft w the exception of Miami when the big 3 decided to join together. We can an all star at #4 and look to sign free agent.

Reaction Score
I don't see the rush in winning. Phil and Fisher are in their 2nd year of contracts. Also teams that are winning are built thru draft w the exception of Miami when the big 3 decided to join together. We can an all star at #4 and look to sign free agent.

They have Melo. IMO they aren't going to try to build a young team through the draft - so when they start to get pretty good around 3 years or so - Melo will begin to fade. Melo didn't sign with the Knicks for that to happen. IMO he expects -- and the Knicks probably promised him they would try to win now.

Here is the link - Phil Jax said they are going to try to build through free agency:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...icks-targets-free-agency-not-draft-rebuilding

Reaction Score
Well I think it will go Towns, Okafor, then Russell. If I was a Knicks fan, I'd want them to take Justice Winslow. He's James Harden but a tad worse of a shooter. He can definitely be a great SG in New York alongside Melo.

Reaction Score
As a Knick fan I would want Dolan to be led, blindfolded, into the drafting room and then throw a dart at the list of possible picks. No, wait, that's how they got here.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
My question for the draft is this, what player in the draft benefits the most from Golden State's success... i.e., who's stock is going to climb because long ball/small ball won the title this year?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The thing I don't understand... why is everyone is so anti-Porzingis? I assume it's because he's an unknown European? I get that much...what I don't get is then why do they want Mudiay? He's also mostly unknown as well. Also - the last time the Knicks drafted a European player early it worked out pretty well for them. (Gallinari)

Reaction Score
Celtics fan - would love Booker at 16 and then a big at 28 - Looney, Wood, McCoullugh or Mickey.

I could be wrong and he may be the next Faried but I do not want the C's to draft Harrell

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
As a Suns fan I'm pretty much hoping Kaminsky makes it to 13.

Reaction Score
The thing I don't understand... why is everyone is so anti-Porzingis? I assume it's because he's an unknown European? I get that much...what I don't get is then why do they want Mudiay? He's also mostly unknown as well. Also - the last time the Knicks drafted a European player early it worked out pretty well for them. (Gallinari)
Well hopefully he's more Dirk than Darko.

Reaction Score
Mudiay is not an unknown. No one is drafting him on what he did, or didn't do, in China. Just one year ago he played in the same AAU circuit as all the one-and-done'rs coming into the draft - and he was the best point guard in the country. He's getting drafted on that.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Mudiay is not an unknown. No one is drafting him on what he did, or didn't do, in China. Just one year ago he played in the same AAU circuit as all the one-and-done'rs coming into the draft - and he was the best point guard in the country. He's getting drafted on that.
He's somewhat of an unknown, let's be real. He did play the AAU circuit, but that was over a year ago. Things change. He went and played in China instead of playing college hoops. D'Angelo Russell wasn't going to be a top 4 pick out of highschool....etc etc

Reaction Score

Not as much Gallinari from what I hear- I heard the name Bargnani thrown about and Darko. ANd then Gallinari gets mentioned- Gallo worked out okay but he wasn't "4th pick caliber."

I'm not arguing with you here. I don't know anything about Porzingis other than what I read/ hear on radio.

Reaction Score
As a Suns fan I'm pretty much hoping Kaminsky makes it to 13.
skillset similar to that of the Morri . would be nice off the bench though, especially coached by Horni ( possibly the worst nickname in sports). the twins are in legal hot water too after they whooped some dudes ass for 'sexting' their mom (lmfao) .

Reaction Score
I want the celtics to trade up to either the Detroit or charlotte pick and take either mules turner or stanley johnson

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Whatever team Porzingis goes to is who I'm rooting for.

Reaction Score
C's = package this year's 2 1s and 2016 #1 and get Boogie

If they have to draft, no idea, have to see what is available, Portis, Lyles, Oubre, etc.

Reaction Score
I think with the news that Embiid may be out again for the entire year Philly will draft Porzingis. Also, Orlando may try to trade up to 3 to ensure they get Porzingis. In this case the Knicks would get Russell, who I want more than anyone. If the 4th pick rolls around and they have a solid offer (sources say they are asking for a veteran player and a pick between 8-14 in exchange for the 4th pick) then I take it. If not, draft Mudiay. He will be exciting to watch, boom or bust.

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan I want to trade our 1st round pick for cash, and re-invest that windfall in a Samurai Assassin to silently fell James Dolan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not trade our 15th pick to one of the better teams in our conference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom