NBA Draft Sleepers: | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Sleepers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, big Celtics fan here. Watching Lebronda or Prima-bronna knock out my C's in likely 5. We have both something like 16 and 28 picks this coming first round. This puts us out of reach of the Lottery talent. Celtics definitely need a Rim Protector/Interior Defensive/Offensive force. A secondary and much further down the line need is a wing, a scorer with length and athleticism. The centers available in that range are Dakari Johnson and Robert Upshaw. I imagine you go on best talent available but they need that role filled. Not seeing need for another 4 on Celtics or they can form the first line up of just 1/2's and 4s with no 3 or 5.

Any ideas?

Reaction Score
I always thought WCS had potential. Not sure if its left him or cal frucked him up.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So, big Celtics fan here. Watching Lebronda or Prima-bronna knock out my C's in likely 5. We have both something like 16 and 28 picks this coming first round. This puts us out of reach of the Lottery talent. Celtics definitely need a Rim Protector/Interior Defensive/Offensive force. A secondary and much further down the line need is a wing, a scorer with length and athleticism. The centers available in that range are Dakari Johnson and Robert Upshaw. I imagine you go on best talent available but they need that role filled. Not seeing need for another 4 on Celtics or they can form the first line up of just 1/2's and 4s with no 3 or 5.

Any ideas?
Amida Brimah

Reaction Score
If you want a rim protector, Cuse's McCollugh could be a good fit under their 2nd 1st round pick.

For the 2nd round, I have a feeling Mich St.'s Travis Trice will have a decent career in the NBA. Maybe never a starter, but a 8-10 year depth role PG.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'd look for Ainge to package some players and picks for a big man. If they keep making the playoffs, they're not going to get high enough to find any sure talent at C.

Reaction Score
i wonder if mods here could merge redundant threads

Reaction Score

Any ideas?

There is choices and I think the Celtics would be wise to leverage the 16 and take Christian Wood a little higher than he is slotted at 16 and if Deandre Bembry decides to come out I'd give a promise to draft him at 28. But you are going to have multiple choices including packaging those picks and one more and offer it to OKC for Ibaka as they have a cash crunch.

They have a valuable 45 pick and they can be opportunistic there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As a Celtics fan, I want to grab Booker at 16 and McCullough at 28 if we stand pat. Booker has Klay Thompson impact potential, something we could use. McCullough is a lottery ticket at 28. All the potential in the world, but got injured. Because of that, we don't know if he is James Michael McAdoo or if he is Aaron Gordon. Not comparing him to those players, just wondering what his draft stock would be if not for the injury. Anyways, the last time we took a highly rate big man with injuries was Sullinger, that hasn't been too bad. 6'10 with length and 2.1 blocks a game in 28 minutes would make for a rim protector at the 4 I'd say.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cameron Payne, Terry Rozier and JP Tokoto. All going to be stars.
Tokoto can't do anything but dunk. Rozier is hot and cold, but I think he'll be a poor poor man's Kemba.

Reaction Score
Why can't the Celtics package both those picks to move up and get WCS. If they need a rim protector I think that would be the perfect one. He won't give you much offense but I can see him maturing into a Tyson Chandler type of player. They might have to throw in one of their guards but I'm sure they can move up in the 7-10 range if they package 16,28 and one of their guards.

Reaction Score
Why can't the Celtics package both those picks to move up and get WCS. If they need a rim protector I think that would be the perfect one. He won't give you much offense but I can see him maturing into a Tyson Chandler type of player.

I'm not overly high on WCS as others because I dont see him as a consistent rebounder and an underachiever on offense--I thought he was exposed in the tourney --but that being said it appears as if he's going top 10 and as high as 4(I think the Knicks are high on him). No team is trading a 10 and up for 16 and 28 in the NBA. The C's are a team that will take the bets player even if that means some developmental time. I really like Wood over WCS--I think he is a more diversified big man. He reminds me of something between a Marcus Camby and Rudy Gay if you could morph them together.

Reaction Score
I think Trey lyles is an underrated prospect and much better than his teammate likely to go higher WCS. I would say Kris Dunn is a sleeper dont really know if he declared or not though

Reaction Score
Tokoto is a terrible shooter, I cringed every time he took pull up jumpers

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Van Winkle from Witicha State. He is a second cousin of Richard Hamilton.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Trey Lyles plays no D. I don't get what people see in him. Fringe 1st rounder IMO.
Tokoto is just bad at basketball period. He can jump, but he makes MKG look like Kevin Durant.

Payne is pretty good though. I like him.

As for the Celtics, I'm just praying Oubre falls to them, which he won't. Kid oozes potential. He can shoot, throw down, and is incredibly long so there's potential defensively. Still not sure why they bothered playing themselves out of the lottery though.

Reaction Score
Defense is valued in the NBA? :confused:
Very much so. Come on dude, the defenses in the NBA are so absurdly sophisticated now you can't stay on the floor if you're a solid offensive player but can't get the defensive schemes.

Take Jeremy Lamb--he puts up great stats in the d-league, and even when he gets extended minutes in the NBA his offensive numbers have been pretty good. His defense, though, isn't good enough to keep him on the floor.

Reaction Score
Very much so. Come on dude, the defenses in the NBA are so absurdly sophisticated now you can't stay on the floor if you're a solid offensive player but can't get the defensive schemes.

Take Jeremy Lamb--he puts up great stats in the d-league, and even when he gets extended minutes in the NBA his offensive numbers have been pretty good. His defense, though, isn't good enough to keep him on the floor.

I don't know why you'd bother to argue the NBA with someone who clearly doesn't watch it.

Reaction Score
Trey Lyles plays no D. I don't get what people see in him. Fringe 1st rounder IMO.
Tokoto is just bad at basketball period. He can jump, but he makes MKG look like Kevin Durant.

Payne is pretty good though. I like him.

As for the Celtics, I'm just praying Oubre falls to them, which he won't. Kid oozes potential. He can shoot, throw down, and is incredibly long so there's potential defensively. Still not sure why they bothered playing themselves out of the lottery though.

Tokoto isn't a great scorer but he's crafty enough as a slasher and like cardiacAndre said he does just about everything else. Limited sample size, but he actually shot 38% from three this season. I see no reason why he can't be a poor man's Tony Allen and get 15 minutes a game in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Cameron Payne, Terry Rozier and JP Tokoto. All going to be stars.
Is this a joke?

Payne may be good but the other 2 are second round picks who will be in the D-league or overseas for a while.

Booker, Lyles, Deckker, and Wood are options at 16 I think, maybe Turner falls but doubt it.

Alexander, Anderson and Martin at 28 are good options I think.

If they could go Booker and Wood/Alexander I would be very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky