NBA Draft Scouting Report: UConn's Alex Karaban | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Scouting Report: UConn's Alex Karaban

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Could’ve been written by a high school student. No offense to high school students. I thought SI would’ve had better content.

Lol. HS students would be a step up in talent for SI.

Reaction Score
Karaban could play his way into late first. Alot would have to go right, but he could.

Reaction Score
Tought to predict how successful he could be at the next level. He is highly skilled. He can fit any number of needs. But his athelticsim will be very average in the NBA. Defense will determine a lot. Would NOT bet against him having a long career.

Reaction Score
Someone posted Larry Bird highlights showing how he was able to get shots off with a high release point very quickly. Alex could learn to do this because he’s a great shooter already. He already had that kind of Bird BBIQ and mind on the court as a freshman. Interesting to see where his improvements are this year. Love to have him 3 years.

Reaction Score
FanNation isn't real SI. It's like FanSided. SI laid off their draft coverage last year.

pj

Reaction Score
What's new in this is the projection to go in the 2024 draft, meaning he leaves as a sophomore. I don't think most of us are expecting that.

Reaction Score
One thing that I have mentioned before is that Alex always plays better the second time he plays a conference team. That is one metric that very much impressed me. That improvement is also on the defensive end.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm convinced AK's scoring average could have been much higher if we needed it to be. His conversion rate under time pressure was uncanny. But we had 2 NBA guys rightly getting more shots.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone posted Larry Bird highlights showing how he was able to get shots off with a high release point very quickly. Alex could learn to do this because he’s a great shooter already. He already had that kind of Bird BBIQ and mind on the court as a freshman. Interesting to see where his improvements are this year. Love to have him 3 years.
Can’t tell if this is a meme or not.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Alex and Priority Sports announced today that they are re repping him for NIL deals. My gut tells me he is not looking to leave after his soph year, unless he shows out in a serious way.

I think the only way he stays is if he’s not satisfied with being a late first/early second guy. But considering his age, I don’t think there’s much of a choice.

Reaction Score
Alex doesn't need the motivation but he's not picked first team preseason BE in one article I saw. Is he second, third!? He's near most valuable in my mind for all he can do.

Reaction Score
Alex had a great freshman year and I expect more from him this year. I have no doubt he can play in the NBA on the offensive end of the court, but can he play on the other end? Does he have the athleticism to play wing in the NBA, or the strength to be a stretch 4? He’s going to have to show people

Reaction Score
I don’t wish to ruin my enjoyment of Alex Karaban with an NBA discussion before his sophomore season starts. This kid is savvy, one of the hardest workers ever to don a UCONN uniform, whose only hobby is basketball. And I forgot to add that he has skills that most college teams would love. The answer to his NBA aspirations will be self evident in his next 2 seasons. Oh, he’s only staying 1 more? OK there’s your answer.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I want the beard to keep growing.

IMG_2978.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members