NBA Draft and APR | The Boneyard

NBA Draft and APR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I read somewhere that the leaving early for the draft exemption only happens if you get a guaranteed NBA contract based on your draft position. Multiple sources confirm this, however some say it must be a lottery pick and others say it just has to be a first round pick. Jeremy Lamb is a borderline lottery pick according to ESPN, but will certainly go in the first round. If he doesn't get lottery picked, will he hurt our APR or no since he still has a guaranteed contract?

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that the leaving early for the draft exemption only happens if you get a guaranteed NBA contract based on your draft position. Multiple sources confirm this, however some say it must be a lottery pick and others say it just has to be a first round pick. Jeremy Lamb is a borderline lottery pick according to ESPN, but will certainly go in the first round. If he doesn't get lottery picked, will he hurt our APR or no since he still has a guaranteed contract?
I don't know about that, but if he was in good academic standing, he won't affect our APR.

Reaction Score

[Citation needed]

Reaction Score
I don't know about that, but if he was in good academic standing, he won't affect our APR.

Actually, for kids that sign with the pros, GPA doesn't matter. This was one of Bilas's chief points. Ludicrous

Reaction Score
Actually, for kids that sign with the pros, GPA doesn't matter. This was one of Bilas's chief points. Ludicrous
Right.... But I think they need to have a guaranteed contract based on draft position or we lose a retention (and possibly GPA) point.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Lamb will go between the 10th pick and 15th pick. So there is no reason to fret about anything as he left UConn in good standing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom