Navy's new helmets | The Boneyard

Navy's new helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hand painted ships...for the Army-Navy rivalry game. Incredible!
navyhelmets.jpg

Reaction Score
One day we'll finally get it and put out something like this, but something that says/instills UCONN culture.. Yeah, I did like our grey uniforms but I still think we haven't gotten it right yet with our uni's .. We had something decent for a few years but the helmet was weird. Now we switched up this year... was serviceable, but we still haven't gotten it right. not yet.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Each position group getting their own helmet is a really cool touch too:

• Linebacker: Cruiser- Provides anti-air defense and packs the biggest punch of Naval surface ships representative of the linebackers on the Navy football team.
• Defensive Back: Destroyer- Known for significant fire power, speed, and anti-missile defense as are Navy's defensive backs.
• Wide Receiver: Submarine- Predominantly utilized as blockers, wide receivers play a key role in driving the Navy rush attack, taking on a stealth-like persona as they blend into the rhythm of the offense but bring significant fire power when called upon, just like a Naval submarine.
• Lineman: Amphibious Assault Ships- Just as a lineman's job is the create a hole for a running back or linebacker, these ships are utilized to establish the "beach head" that enables the invading force to gain access and ultimately accomplish their objective.
• Quarterback: Aircraft Carrier- The QB of the Naval Fleet, the aircraft carrier is the ultimate decision maker; the "quick strike" weapon of the Naval fleet.
• Running Back: Littoral Combat Ship- Like running backs, these fast and nimble ships can navigate through both crowded shallow and deep waters.
• Kicker/Special Teams: Minesweeper- Much like the specific task of the Navy special teams, this small ship has a unique mission of identifying and eliminating mines.

Reaction Score
One day we'll finally get it and put out something like this, but something that says/instills UCONN culture.. Yeah, I did like our grey uniforms but I still think we haven't gotten it right yet with our uni's .. We had something decent for a few years but the helmet was weird. Now we switched up this year... was serviceable, but we still haven't gotten it right. not yet.
I've resigned to the fact that some people will never be happy with the uniform, regardless of how it looks. What UConn culture do you want to show via these uniforms exactly? It's so easy to throw out that cliche but it doesn't really mean anything in regards to a program without any real history to it.

Reaction Score
Those are absolutely amazing!!!! Makes me wish I was able to enlist even more.

Reaction Score
I've resigned to the fact that some people will never be happy with the uniform, regardless of how it looks. What UConn culture do you want to show via these uniforms exactly? It's so easy to throw out that cliche but it doesn't really mean anything in regards to a program without any real history to it.
our football program has a ton of history to it... I'm just saying somebody (the powers that be that are allowed to design our football stuff) need to figure out how to bring out that UCONN Husky tradition in the uniform. I'm just not sold on what we have right now... Maybe we'll go to changing up the unis every few years from now on. Maybe that's the way to go, and I'd be cool with that. Just hope we can find something that screams UCONN football brand that everybody can agree upon.. One thing I'm not really big on is the red. IMO, that's Diaco bringing out his NJ roots... Keep that mess to yourself. RU has got dibs on that.
UCONN Helmet Project.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think this would look cool on our helmets. :D
The angry poodle zombie? I think not.

But I'd love to see an alternate helmet with a similar concept to Navy's blue chrome helmet with a stylized version of this on the side.

Musher_web.jpg

Reaction Score
As a one-off, full on middle aged guy support. Conference-affiliation aside, Go Army! It's been too long!

Reaction Score
The angry poodle zombie? I think not.

But I'd love to see an alternate helmet with a similar concept to Navy's blue chrome helmet with a stylized version of this on the side.

Musher_web.jpg

I understand Diaco is waiting for the OL to develop before introducing this look.

Reaction Score
our football program has a ton of history to it... I'm just saying somebody (the powers that be that are allowed to design our football stuff) need to figure out how to bring out that UCONN Husky tradition in the uniform. I'm just not sold on what we have right now... Maybe we'll go to changing up the unis every few years from now on. Maybe that's the way to go, and I'd be cool with that. Just hope we can find something that screams UCONN football brand that everybody can agree upon.. One thing I'm not really big on is the red. IMO, that's Diaco bringing out his NJ roots... Keep that mess to yourself. RU has got dibs on that.
There's a difference between "history" and stuff that happened in the past when it comes to this sort of stuff. UConn isn't Michigan and isn't Notre Dame so there's nothing you're going to hearken back to that will help recruiting, brand recognition, or anything else. That's the name of the game right now and we need every advantage we can get.

Reaction Score
There's a difference between "history" and stuff that happened in the past when it comes to this sort of stuff. UConn isn't Michigan and isn't Notre Dame so there's nothing you're going to hearken back to that will help recruiting, brand recognition, or anything else. That's the name of the game right now and we need every advantage we can get.

I'm on your side with this bro.. what do you think would bring an advantage for us?

Reaction Score
One thing I'm not really big on is the red. IMO, that's Diaco bringing out his NJ roots... Keep that mess to yourself. RU has got dibs on that.
View attachment 11299

really? please tell me this was in jest and that you don't actually think our coach is trying to secretly impart a piece of Rutgers into our uniforms...

if you dont care for the red trim, then so be it...but its part of our color scheme and appears on all our teams gear

Reaction Score
really? please tell me this was in jest and that you don't actually think our coach is trying to secretly impart a piece of Rutgers into our uniforms...

if you dont care for the red trim, then so be it...but its part of our color scheme and appears on all our teams gear
You're overthinking this fellow UConn fan... I'm saying making the red a prominent color in our unis... The red sweater... that kind of stuff.. relax... I just don't get that part....

Reaction Score
You're overthinking this fellow UConn fan... I'm saying making the red a prominent color in our unis... The red sweater... that kind of stuff.. relax... I just don't get that part....

ah, the red sweater...gotcha. It caught me off guard a bit as well. I assumed it was just so he was easier to spot on the sideline....seeing that he isn't wearing that awesome long sleeve t shirt with the life size husky anymore

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nostical said:
Nike tells Diaco what to wear, just like a golfer.

They give coaches a wardrobe, they wear what they want. Jurgen Kilnsmann, is a Nike guy as US coach. He won't where anything red, as an example.

Bob needs a blue sweater, if for no other reason than to not look like a stock photography Christmas card model.

Reaction Score
Back to the helmets - has there ever been a team that took the field wearing multiple helmets? I love the design(s), but I always thought you had to have one uni - from sock to helmet, no variations.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean it's cool but it's not uniform is that an issue? I think VTech did something similar a few years back where their helmets were modeled after a special rock only found in Blacksburg and each was unique but it was not that drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom