Navy vs. Houston Thread | The Boneyard

Navy vs. Houston Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Who ya got? Who ya rooting for? I think Navy wins--will be hard for UH to get their turnovers against Navy's offense. Torn as to who I should root for. A Navy win is probably better for the AAC's New Years Six status and UConn's shot at the Military Bowl, but I'd also like to see Houston win so that our win over them looks more impressive.

Reaction Score
Would like to see Houston win too for that reason. Greg Ward is back starting at QB for UH. Should help them put up better numbers on offense.

Both teams score on their 1st drive. This should be an offensive shootout.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I liked Navy in this one before it started. But after watching for a few minutes, it looks like Houston will be able to hang (i.e. put up points of their own to counter the triple option). If Houston wins, they will need to score at least 30 points.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I like Houston ... my son is a product of Texas high school football, like 99% of the Houston roster.

But a Navy win is better for the AAC. And Navy winning consistently may eventually convince Army to join the AAC. So I'm rooting for them also.

I'm conflicted.

It's a nice showcase game for us on the ABC network.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I want Navy to win so the Military Bowl becomes an option for us still. Navy loses and that game is off the board. Plus, Navy has the only shot, most likely, at making a NY6 game at this point. If Houston wins, as it's looking right now will happen, and they beat USF in the championship game (that was typed intentionally!), I don't think they have enough to make the NY6 game. But who knows!!!

Still rooting for Navy but it's looking almost an unlikely win for them.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Well, this loss will take the Military Bowl off the board. I can't tell if this Houston win will be good for us or not. We're the only team to beat Houston but the naysayers will surely say "yeah, but Houston had their backup QB" (they will surely not give us credit for playing with a backup of our own). Postma led Houston to a win over Memphis so it's not like we beat a Chandler Whitmer level QB.

More importantly, what would a Houston win do to the AAC's NY6 chances? Is Houston good enough to get a spot? Toledo is losing today too, so that helps. Houston would have to beat Temple or USF no doubt. I think this big of a win over Navy would do wonders for their resume though.

Reaction Score
Houston would most likely be at home in the AAC title game vs Temple/USF. I think they have enough offensive weapons to beat either team. At 12-1 and the highest ranked G5 team, they'd get a NY6 bowl.

Too bad about the Military Bowl off the board now(barring a Navy comeback here), but any bowl for us this year is a good bowl.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
They already made that BS claim that Houston would have won if they had their starting QB in the game broadcast today....BS.

All I know is that we beat them our backup QB who had NEVER played in a game this year and we held their offense and Defense in check. Screw the naysayers. We beat them and that's the bottom line.

Reaction Score
They already made that BS claim that Houston would have won if they had their starting QB in the game broadcast today....BS.

All I know is that we beat them our backup QB who had NEVER played in a game this year and we held their offense and Defense in check. Screw the naysayers. We beat them and that's the bottom line.

Just heard that comment too. Bugged me.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

You beat me to it. Great post.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Well, that didn't take long huh? "UConn only won because this and that and that and this...".

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So, who's the best AAC team? I'm still not convinced it's Houston. Even though they've got two losses, I really think it's Temple. A convincing win against Penn State, winning against ND until about 1:45 to go, win against Memphis. Tough loss against USF, but I think they're a better team than the Bulls. They definitely have the best OOC showing out of the top 3 AAC teams (Navy, Houston, Temple).

Dooley

Reaction Score
No doubt Diaco is talking to the players about how everyone says our win over UH was a fluke. Adding fuel to the fire.

I sure hope our guys were watching. I want our defense to play angry tomorrow - we will likely need them to step up if BS can't go.

Reaction Score
I guess they're saying in essence that Greg Ward Jr is their whole offense, since our D held the rest of them to 10 points.

Reaction Score
Postma was great against Memphis. Ward couldn't do anything in that game and Houston was dead in the water without Postma coming to the rescue.

Ward also threw the game clinching pick against UConn. I'm not really feeling that there is much of a talent gap between their two QBs. Both are good. We just have a defense that controls everyone we play. Win or lose, our D keeps it close. Our challenge continues to be scoring enough points to beat better teams and pull away from lesser teams.

Reaction Score
We beat a pretty good team last weekend and as far as the eye test goes today was a game between 2 top 20 teams. And Houston gets trashed for losing to a solid UConn team which will be proven again tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I've said this before, only way you beat Navy is to keep scoring on em. They're going to get their 28-35 pts. They're too efficient on offense not to. Their defense to me, while disciplined looks undersized and slow to me. They give up a lot of plays in space. Teams with superior offenses will put a lot of pressure on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom