Navy Game Week Press Conference/Depth Chart & Tidbits | The Boneyard

Navy Game Week Press Conference/Depth Chart & Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnFootball 12:02pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco's game-week press conference is udnerway. This week the Huskies take on Navy.

NHRJimFuller 12:03pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco after Missouri loss: "I love the response from the players. Very real disappointment."

desmondconner 12:03pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "nobody was really different than the rest, we all felt the same (after loss), which is new, a unified disappointment"

Tim_Fontenault 12:03pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: “No one was really different than the rest. We all felt the same (after the game), which is new. It hasn’t always been the case."

desmondconner 12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "didn't do a good enough job coaching to execute what needed to be done to win the game"

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "We've moved on and are exited to play again and compete. Navy week. Navy is a great team...this is best Navy team I've seen"

NHRJimFuller 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Navy looks like stiffest competition we have played in first four games according to #UConn HC Bob Diaco

UConnFootball 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "It's a violent blocking style...but we're healthy."

UConnFootball 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "They are well within the rules. They're not dirty. They're not cheap." (In reference to Navy's blocking style.)

NHRJimFuller 12:07pm via TweetDeck
"As classy of an outfit as you are going to get." #UConn HC Bob Diaco on Navy

Reaction Score
dcsportsdept 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Navy QB Keenan Reynolds:"He's talented in terms of speed and quickness, he's got a strong arm, he can go through read progressions"

NHRJimFuller 12:09pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco on starting LB Marquise Vann being able to play this week "he'd like to."

Tim_Fontenault 12:10pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said Marquise Vann is fighting to get back in time for the Navy game.

UConnFootball 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: On Vann "He'd like to be there...but you have to practice at full speed to play in the game. We will see later today."

Tim_Fontenault 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: No tactical difference between the way Army and Navy run their offenses. Navy is “just doing it at a much higher level."

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Have to spend more time on special teams..."can't have those blunders"

dcsportsdept 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Puyol's blocked PAT: "The kick was low. He'll get it right"

UConnFootball 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco says he was surprised by the special teams errors against Mizzou. He says they will spend some time on that this week.

Tim_Fontenault12:18pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on UConn’s high-ranked defense: Energy, focus and belief in “sudden-change moments” has been key to success this season.

JoeDSports12:19pm via Twitter for iPhone
@UConnFootball HCBD loves energy and focus of his D on sudden change moments

Tim_Fontenault12:19pm via TweetDeck
Diaco didn’t know about McMurphyESPN’s report on Big 10 P5 schedule: “What does that mean?” “It’s exciting, but I’d be torn playing Iowa."

UConnFootball12:21pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "I think their (Navy's) safeties are excellent players, and they're both seniors. Very talented players."

Tim_Fontenault12:21pm via TweetDeck
Diaco, who loves his own safeties a lot, hailed Navy safeties Kwazel Bertrand and Lorentez Barbour as a key part of Midshipmen’s defense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
dcsportsdept 12:22pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on fake FG to end Mizzou game: "Looking back, too much time elapsed between 3rd down and kick opportunity"

NeillOstrout 12:23pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on Mizzou end: “I’m getting a do-over and the question is would I do the same thing again? Absolutely not!

NHRJimFuller 12:23pm via TweetDeck
If he had to do it again, #UConn HC Bob Diaco would run the offense back out there and call the play

peatonrobb 12:24pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says in hindsight, he would have run an offensive play, rather than a fake FG at the end of the #Missourigame. #UConn

Reaction Score
Diaco on fake FG to end Mizzou game: "Looking back, too much time elapsed between 3rd down and kick opportunity"

Diaco on Mizzou end: “I’m getting a do-over and the question is would I do the same thing again? Absolutely not!

If he had to do it again, #UConn HC Bob Diaco would run the offense back out there and call the play

Diaco says in hindsight, he would have run an offensive play, rather than a fake FG at the end of the #Missourigame. #UConn

I imagine this will make some here happy. I couldn't care less if coaches offer up mea culpas, but at least he's taking the heat and maybe the players appreciate that.

Reaction Score

I love that we have a coach that can admit mistakes, take accountability, and move one. Its, very, refreshing.

Reaction Score
I love that we have a coach that can admit mistakes, take accountability, and move one. Its, very, refreshing.
Yes I agree. I think it shows your team that everybody is accountable.

Reaction Score
I imagine this will make some here happy. I couldn't care less if coaches offer up mea culpas, but at least he's taking the heat and maybe the players appreciate that.

I think it is a big deal. He's admitting a mistake. He's taking responsibility. That is how people grow. It's a good sign.

Edsall refused to acknowledge his role in special team mistakes and it took him a decade to solve the problem. This is better.

Reaction Score
I think it is a big deal. He's admitting a mistake. He's taking responsibility. That is how people grow. It's a good sign.

Edsall refused to acknowledge his role in special team mistakes and it took him a decade to solve the problem. This is better.

LOL. You were the guy I was thinking of when I posted that. And to nobody's surprise you managed to throw in a shot at Edsall for a change.

Here's what I'd like from Diaco - win like Edsall did.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Even more amazing - he admits the mistake, and outlines what just about everyone agrees is the right decision. An even more rare bird...

Reaction Score

Diaco's getting his education as a head coach at UCONN, and I've said for 2 years now, that I want payback in the form of championships. We're dealing with a team with a ton of sophomores, and a sophomore head coach, when the players are seniors, they'll be better and so will Coach. The players will graduate and not have eligibility.

I want the coach to stay for graduate school, produce more championship caliber work to publish, and then get tenured on his way to having his name on the field.

There is a lot to prove this coming weekend, and we got a whole rest of season in front of us still, but this guy has won me over. 100%

Reaction Score
This team is destined for greatness. Love the coaching. Love the players. I guess I'm in love.

Reaction Score
Curious as to what the attendance # will be this weekend. Nova was 26K and change, Army was 28K and change.

Given a lot of the excitement over the last few weeks - another win under out belts and a strong national showing versus Mizzou - I think it's totally possible that we can get over 30K this Saturday. I know I'm bringing at least 8-10 newbies with me!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think we'll get over 30 k. Army surprisingly brought nobody to the last home game and I'd imagine that Navy, being a better team, will travel better.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Army has lost at least 20 straight road games? If they couldn't compel cadets to attend and Michie wasn't one of the best spots on the planet they would be lucky to get 5k at home.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Let's go out and get the W and keep building this thing back up. Steady progress, don't lose momentum.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is a Naval base about 45 minutes away. I wonder if they are promoting the game to off duty personnel.

Reaction Score
It's state employee appreciation day. There is huge tailgate planned by a bunch of people I work with, probably 30 deep. Were a small division.

I'm with Carl and Pal on this one. The coach is winning me over by not proclaiming "we told them what to do, they just didn't execute".

Reaction Score
Dave Ryan ‏@DaveRyno12 4h4 hours ago Hartford, CT
Here in Connecticut big game tomorrow @CBSSportsNet @UConnFootball @NavyFB 12 pm ET @LGRed @CoreyChavous tune in!

Dave Ryan ‏@DaveRyno12
22m22 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Good day at the @UConnHuskies campus interviews with @UConnFootball players and coaches @CoreyChavous @LGRed
#3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate