Naval Academy swept up in USA wbb fever | The Boneyard

Naval Academy swept up in USA wbb fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Among the interested onlookers were Navy head football coach Ken Niumatalolo and head men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis. Niumatalolo is preparing for Saturday's road game at Texas State, but took time out to watch a portion of practice.

"I just wanted to see how the elite of a particular sport practice, how Coach Auriemma communicated to the players," Niumatalolo said. "It was great for me to go watch for a while."

Of course, Navy women's basketball coach Stefanie Pemper has attended every USA Basketball practice along with her assistants and several players. Pemper took mental notes about the various drills employed by the U.S. staff, which includes DePaul head coach Doug Bruno, Minnesota Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve and South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley.

"There's definitely good stuff to be picked up by watching the national team practice," Pemper said. "Today, they were doing a unique defensive drill, some ball-screen work and incorporating transition. There are a lot of Xs and Os, little teaching points, I've filed away for future use."

LINK

G

genosguy

Among the interested onlookers were Navy head football coach Ken Niumatalolo and head men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis. Niumatalolo is preparing for Saturday's road game at Texas State, but took time out to watch a portion of practice.

"I just wanted to see how the elite of a particular sport practice, how Coach Auriemma communicated to the players," Niumatalolo said. "It was great for me to go watch for a while."

Of course, Navy women's basketball coach Stefanie Pemper has attended every USA Basketball practice along with her assistants and several players. Pemper took mental notes about the various drills employed by the U.S. staff, which includes DePaul head coach Doug Bruno, Minnesota Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve and South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley.

"There's definitely good stuff to be picked up by watching the national team practice," Pemper said. "Today, they were doing a unique defensive drill, some ball-screen work and incorporating transition. There are a lot of Xs and Os, little teaching points, I've filed away for future use."

LINK
NAVY WBB has been BIG on Campus and surrounds--I went to many of them. Nice arena you look down and see the whole floor. The cheerleaders came swishing by as they were thrown up thru the air to our height (which to this day I think it wrong, the dangers are many). But NAVY had good competitive teams both Men and Women. They try to schedule the Men and Women on the same day. Women first usually. If you are in the DC area or Annapolis google them for schedule--it's great. These are men and women who put everything on the line on duty or in the games--you are watching Marine General or Naval Admirals to be in action. Your dollars are paying off here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom