#4hunnid
Reaction Score
.6 vs pitt(fri)
.8 vs cuse(fri)
1.0 vs cincy(sat)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I couldn't find why the 1.0 had asterisks. The Friday ratings are disappointing.

same. was wondering what the issue was. i was expecting it to be like

"**=a game which uconn played in and got over a 1.0, we are going to recount it soon becuase we hate uconn"

edit-here is the answer
"Double-asterisk (**) indicates overnight rating"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
friday night you are the game, as no nfl is on and saturday there are 50 games to pick from...

pitt vs cuse got a 1.0 on a fri night
cicny vs lville got a 1.4 on a fri night
wash vs cal got a .8 on a fri night

we had a blah team and had a extremely brutal to watch O. so i can see why these rating are not over the 1.0 mark where they should be...
cincy vs lville at the time was 2 good teams playing...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
same. was wondering what the issue was. i was expecting it to be like

"**=a game which uconn played in and got over a 1.0, we are going to recount it soon becuase we ****ing hate uconn"

edit-here is the answer
"Double-asterisk (**) indicates overnight rating"

I don't know how much of the country got Boise/Nevada. Viewers seem to be a better measure than rating.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Here is what I don't get on the TV$ side. The much vaunted FSU football team only outdrew 1.1 on three occassions, yet that is the rating that our women's team gets for the Sweet 16 or really just some regular season games (http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2011/03/sweet-sixteen-connecticut-women-boost/).

And in 2011 our final four numbers (both against Butler and UK) beat every college event except the Rose Bowl and the Championship game: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...orting-events-on-broadcast-and-cable-in-2011/. Hell, we had 6 of the top 50 rated sports (all sports) rated games in the nation in 2011, and our Fiesta bowl beat the Orange Bowl (Stanford v VT) and the Cotton Bowl (LSU v T A&M).

Where is the respect..and more importantly the money?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Here is what I don't get on the TV$ side. The much vaunted FSU football team only outdrew 1.1 on three occassions, yet that is the rating that our women's team gets for the Sweet 16 or really just some regular season games (http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2011/03/sweet-sixteen-connecticut-women-boost/).

And in 2011 our final four numbers (both against Butler and UK) beat every college event except the Rose Bowl and the Championship game: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...orting-events-on-broadcast-and-cable-in-2011/. Hell, we had 6 of the top 50 rated sports (all sports) rated games in the nation in 2011, and our Fiesta bowl beat the Orange Bowl (Stanford v VT) and the Cotton Bowl (LSU v T A&M).

u just took bball agmes from the ncaas and tried to get paid for them. bball games are thru the ncaa and each conf gets paid based on how many teams from each conf make it.

fball and bball are different.....and this is why most fball fans here are pissed that bball fans are acting like tards(not getting at u) or just are completely missing the whole dam boat on this stuff. fball schools get paid a ton becuase the ncaa doesn't get the post season $ and distribute it, the tv contracts have deals with bowls and the bcs so the confs and schools get a lot of $. in the future the big boys(those who play fball and are in big boy leagues) will break away from the ncaa or the ncaa will have to redo the way it control the bball postseason. thats when u will see bball ratings and tv become more important. but by that point, the have vs have nots will be seperated thanks to fball. this is another reason uconn has great potential to be a big 4 team, but a conf has to take the risk in us and run with it is the prob....

the reason the c7 are splitting among all others is that they need to build a power bball league that no one else cna touch, then when the time comes for all this ncaa vs conf's bs, the bball schools are going to flex and say we get a good tv contract for our bball and we dont play fball. were standing pat with the big boys on this $ issue and we will split also and play bball only in there cool new thing if the ncaa doesn't change balh blah...

if i have this wrong then i'm sorry, but i think i am atleast on the right track trying to explain it all...

Reaction Score

That is the entire point that is our problem. The NCAA keeps the TV money from the basketball tourney, so it's not as important to the conferences. For now.

Reaction Score
Something tells me that SEC title game number is largely inflated by ND fans. It's basically identical to the ND-USC game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Something tells me that SEC title game number is largely inflated by ND fans. It's basically identical to the ND-USC game.

Maybe. It was also a ridiculously well played close game. Notre Dame's numbers are actually lower than you'd think in this season on NBC. Some of that might be people don't look for NBC and non primetime games are lower because their ABC games are off the charts.

Reaction Score
Lots of abysmal numbers. Rutgers vs Louisville only had a slightly larger audience as Kent State vs NIU? Wow. Get this conference realignment crap over with already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom