National sentiment | The Boneyard

National sentiment

Reaction Score
Gotten a lot of texts today saying UConn is back. Once you leave the CT. Tri-state/New England area everyone and I mean everyone has been asking for years, what happened to UConn/why aren't you in the Big East?

People don't know the details but they still view us as a basketball power who has been self-inflicting. Funnily I have a couple of friends from Houston who texted me something along the lines of, UConn is back.

Reaction Score
There is a reason at the beginning of the past few seasons big east teams were ranked and aac teams weren’t. There is a national perception of the big east and the aac is an after thought. They will most likely remain an after thought, unfortunately. But the well tuned b-ball fans know it’s not the case. The move shows we have balls and basketball is taken serious.

Reaction Score
There is a reason at the beginning of the past few seasons big east teams were ranked and aac teams weren’t. There is a national perception of the big east and the aac is an after thought. They will most likely remain an after thought, unfortunately. But the well tuned b-ball fans know it’s not the case. The move shows we have balls and basketball is taken serious.
It shows we ran up the white flag and admitted we're small time

Reaction Score
Nobody knows what the AAC is, they think it's a typo for ACC.

Reaction Score
I think it sends a different message. That for once we're not going to be tied to the whipping post. It's a bold, strong move. Whether it works out is a different question.

Serious question, how is it a bold, strong move?

I think that's the crux of the divide between the fanbase right now. How are we better for this move?

Reaction Score

I think that's the crux of the divide between the fanbase right now. How are we better for this move?
I didn't say if it was good or bad. But it's undoubtedly bold. Just look at all the debate here. And it's strong because for once we were in a position of power and actually took advantage of it.

Reaction Score

We get to relive memories! We're the only original non-Catholic school who's going to help relive them!

Reaction Score
It's like the world is right again. Thank God for the administration finally realizing our future is basketball not a one-win football program. I will tap dancing on the football programs grave all night long.

We know. The fans of the men's team only never did like to share the spotlight.

Reaction Score

Will have a big impact on basketball in terms of recruits, name brand, exposure (everything.) Nobody outside of CT. knew where we were the past 6 years.

Reaction Score
I didn't say if it was good or bad. But it's undoubtedly bold. Just look at all the debate here. And it's strong because for once we were in a position of power and actually took advantage of it.
If we don't uphold the football program, we can forget the P5 and become Washington University at St Louis or something.

Reaction Score
If you say “Big East” to someone over 30 I think UConn and Syracuse are the 2 schools that immediately come to mind and neither have been playing under that conference name for years....After that probably Villanova and Georgetown.

Reaction Score
We know. The fans of the men's team only never did like to share the spotlight.

I am happy to also share with the Women's team. Just not a football program that nearly led us to destruction.

UConn Basketball forever, UConn Football never.

Reaction Score
I am happy to also share with the Women's team. Just not a football program that nearly led us to destruction.

UConn Basketball forever, UConn Football never.

Very rationale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom