CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Best I ever had.
You? @triaddukefan

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I guess I'll have to make a steak, brisket, and cheese hoagie for lunch today.:D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now I'm really hungry. Might settle for two post victory steak subs for dinner

Reaction Score
Chick-fil-A National Sandwich Day promo.

Oops! https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ational-sandwich-day-then-it-looked-calendar/

1572808075969.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was in Milwaukee today. Here's a plug for On the Bus at the Public Market. I had a Club Sandwich for brunch. It was dee-licious.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Best I ever had.
You? @triaddukefan

I guess you were asking what the best sandwich I ever had? Well there is a place on the east side of High Point (NC) called Five Points Subs... located at...... Five Points. Its a city staple....... it was owned and operated by a couple of Greek Immigrants. It was one of those places that if you drove by it... you might just overlook it because its small and so modest looking. Anyway....back when I was a young lad.... once I obtained my driver's license.... After school.... I went there at least 2-3 times a week... didnt even go home first.. just head straight from the parking lot to pick up a sub. Sometimes I would switch it up... but 99% of the time I would get a large cheeseburger sub. A rarity in those days.... they would steam the buns... and instead of regular onions... they would have these diced cubed onions, and they added some kind of greek spices to it. My regular order was a cheeseburger sub, fries, a Coke, and a fried apple pie.

If you go to this restaurant today...... if you look at the exterior rear corner.... you can see where a over eager young duke fan... back in 1989.... with visions of a cheeseburger on a sub roll in his head... rammed into the side of the building... leaving a dent in the wooden exterior. Apparently it jolted the building... cause soon after one of the owners came out..... looked at it... shook his head in disgust.. and went back into the building. I followed soon after... and with a sheepish look on my face.. ordered my usual cheeseburger sub... fries, coke, and a fried apple pie :oops:

five-points-subs_0.jpg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom