National Perception | The Boneyard

National Perception

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone heard the Ringer BS Podcast today, but Bill Simmons had on Mark Titus and the producer Tate Frazier, who has his own college hoops podcast. Ollie's name came up because they were talking about Pitino and how one day he could revitalize a mid-major. And then Tate brought up that he heard a Pitino/UConn rumor and then they laughed and laughed at how UConn was too big a program to hire someone like that. They then talked about Billy Donovan and UConn for a second.

What's the point? Basically the national media seems to think UConn is a good job still and can attract a big name. We have seen many people in the know link Hurley to us and I think we will continue to hear that.

It's quite possible that UConn fans are much more down on the state of the program than what the national perception is.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Barring some unforeseen run in AAC tourney, I still think Ollie will be stepping down after this season. However I'm not getting my hopes up. Just hope the AD has the testicupar fortitude to make a move.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Barring some unforeseen run in AAC tourney, I still think Ollie will be stepping down after this season. However I'm not getting my hopes up. Just hope the AD has the testicupar fortitude to make a move.

I'm sure he's got the balls, just not sure he'll get the go ahead.

Reaction Score
I think the national perception is that we are having a couple of tough years. Right now the perception is that it is a temporary decline, which indeed it is, but we do need to reestablish our relevancy, sooner the better.

Reaction Score
What's the point? Basically the national media seems to think UConn is a good job still and can attract a big name. We have seen many people in the know link Hurley to us and I think we will continue to hear that.

It's quite possible that UConn fans are much more down on the state of the program than what the national perception is.[/Q

Oh boy, here comes stainmaster with his daily rant about how UConn will only attract a DIII midmajor coach and husky nation should be happy with a tourney appearance every 10 years... oh, and games will be on espn7 going forward because no one cares about UConn anymore

Stainmaster has to be licking his chops to respond to this one...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
[QUOTE=" It's quite possible that UConn fans are much more down on the state of the program than what the national perception is.[/QUOTE]
And (as we know) the Boneyard is even more so.

Reaction Score
I think the perception is mixed. But certainly UConn not playing in any nationally noticed games the last couple months of the season is not helpful year-in, year-out. The national audience can pay attention to their team, a few blue bloods and prominent coaches, and a few one-hit wonders each season. Otherwise, you just get lost in the weeds.

Reaction Score
Oh boy, here comes stainmaster with his daily rant about how UConn will only attract a DIII midmajor coach and husky nation should be happy with a tourney appearance every 10 years... oh, and games will be on espn7 going forward because no one cares about UConn anymore

Stainmaster has to be licking his chops to respond to this one...
Isn’t it stairmaster? Or are those two separate posters?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom