national high school rankings....Ek Check....Yikes! | The Boneyard

national high school rankings....Ek Check....Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
USAToday has it national rankings out today...can't seem to find a link.

Skimming the treetops:

#1 St. Mary's...Phoenix....Courtney. 5-0. BTW; in their champiopnship game over the weekend
where they beat Chandler 76-50 [which qualifies as a reasonably competitive game for them], Courtney
had 37. But....in the first half....when presumably the game was being decided....she had 33.
Yikes....heck...that qualifies as a double yikes! This kid is going to be a wonderful Husky !

#21 Ossining....Saniya. Their first game is Friday against ArchBishop Molloy...a pretty good NYC program in the tough parochial league. AB will have played a few games [I think].....an advantage.

Last year Ossining beat them by double digits in a very high scoring game....I think Saniya went for something crazy...like 50.

Say...can someone try to find a tape of Courtney in a recent game....like the 37 point one? I would love to see how she plays.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Good stuff. Thanks for the video link. Courtney looks taller than 6'.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Game 6:

St. Mary's 64
Central 28

no box score that I could find.

Great video...thank you!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: her Dad was selected National Coach of the Year last season by some prominent organization....can't remember which one.

There wasn't too much video on Courtney on the court but my first impression is that
she looks like a taller version of Mel Thomas...both facially and skills-wise.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno will be in Phoenix over the weekend watching Courtney play. He'll be in Cali first, watching Canada and Samuelson, then to Phoenix to check on Ek, then to Texas to see Turner.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Courtney's father and coach, Curtis Ekmark, played bb at Marquette and I think played at least one year for Rick Majerus. I'm sure he was saddened by the news of Majerus' death.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
BTW: her Dad was selected National Coach of the Year last season by some prominent organization....can't remember which one.

There wasn't too much video on Courtney on the court but my first impression is that
she looks like a taller version of Mel Thomas...both facially and skills-wise.
From game video I've seen, she reminds me more of Ann Strother. Long and lean, and likes to shoot the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom