National Flag Blue(blood) | The Boneyard

National Flag Blue(blood)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I won't touch the other threads because it makes me wish for blindness, but I will have my say.

I wish this term (Blueblood) would be nuked from the earth. "mojo" reasons is certainly on the list but not even first or second place!

This conversation is happening on a national level this week with media, and is all over the podcasts. (Dauster, love you man, I devour your great content daily, but get a grip. I listened to that mess the other night on this topic with Hansbrough, you're trying too hard to be neutral. Tyler was really good though. ). It's tedious to the nth degree. Listening to someone detailing why we should be a blueblood makes me question whether sticking an ice pick into the base of my skull is actually a good option. . It is only eclipsed by listening to people make a case on why we shouldn't be a Blue blood, which makes me ponder population control scenarios.

Forget for a second whether we should be in the discussion or not. Even if we weren't and it was about the merit of others it is the most inane discussion in sports. And that's a high bar to cross. Want proof? Look at our Nova friend @Zissou 's imbecilic prattle in that other thread. He usually is a decent poster. But on this topic, no one is. Because it sucks. No matter what side a person would like to argue on this topic, they sound insensible.

The goalposts are constantly and will always be moved. Please stop.

I think we should just go ahead and win a title , and then organically the term "UConn" can replace "Blueblood"

As in:

"Wow UCLA finally won another title, do you think that resolidifies their status as a "UConn" ? "

"Will Villanova compete for a Championship this year and join the list of all time "UConns" ?

That is all. Sanity (and mojo) have now been restored. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
Blue blood is so tainted because of the arguments about eras. UCLA had their era, so did Indiana, and now we do. We’re up there with the great programs overall, and it doesn’t matter that it has recently occurred. 4 titles with an impending chance at a 5th is something not many programs can say they have, especially in such a short stretch of time.

Reaction Score
Bluebloods in the year 2023:

Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

Reaction Score
No men's CBB Program can come close to our winning percentage once at FF.. No one.. This weekend in Houston will only add to that legacy and create more separation..

Its what we do.. Starting with the next forty minutes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As I have said on a few other threads, I don't need anyone else's approval to enjoy what this school, this program and at the moment this individual team has given me. Let them think what they want, I know what I've seen and experienced, that's enough for me.

Reaction Score
Even the people who think we are not "Blueblood" (barf - whatever that means), think our accomplishments are "unique". And that is exactly what we are: "unique".

UConn is Unique.

Reaction Score
Yea, we aren't a blueblood, and I don't care. The 5 schools (UCLA, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke) are just too far ahead of everyone else at this point, they are in a class of their own. It doesn't mean we are not great.

If we use an analogy of college prestige, the blue bloods are the Ivy leagues, and we are in the Stanford/Chicago category - founded later, but still amazing.

Reaction Score
”After winning a National championship in 2022, Kansas comes back out of nowhere to win it again only 3 years later. This all but cements their status as a UCONN program.“

”Indiana University is making a play at winning a dual championship with both their mens and womens basketball programs. Should they succeed they will have undoubtedly upgraded from blue blood to UCONN status”

“After completely missing the tournament due to NCAA sanctions, UNC has come back to make a shocking run at a National Title. Their head coach was quoted as saying, ‘I‘m so proud of these kids, they are playing with that hunger hunger you only see in UCONNS.’”

“And with that win Duke is the final team to punch their ticket to this year‘s final four making it the first all-UCONN final four in recent history.“

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom