OT: - National EMS Week | The Boneyard

OT: National EMS Week

Reaction Score
This is National EMS week. If you know a paramedic, EMT or EMR, please take a minute to say ‘thank you’ and recognize their hard work. Many small towns in Connecticut rely on volunteer first responders. Most of them are people with full time jobs that dedicate much of their spare time to training for emergencies and serving their communities.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My older brother was a combat medic in Viet Nam, after he got out he was an EMT for a couple of years then got a better paying job at Purdue University.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Years ago my wife worked for the local bank, and agreed to serve for a time as treasurer of the local Rescue Squad as some sort of loose associate member. I was an even less formal assistant helping her, but got to attend a few meetings (in the background). Very much agree that these volunteer folks deserved all the thanks they could receive from everyone, they had other jobs that they sometimes were called out of, never mind the time they spent training and meetings.

Reaction Score
So true, and I thanked a few of them Sunday night when I needed an urgent trip to the emergency room. Thought I was going to die. It felt like there was air in my chest cavity. Couldn't breathe properly, bloated abdomen, amongst other things. All due to a really, really, really, really severe case of "impaction". Yes, the ER doctor used the word "really" 4X.
I got their names and the base address, and will take some goodies in to them this Saturday.

Reaction Score
Thanks and I appreciate the post. Former EMT, Cardiac Rescue Technician (Maryland's version of the EMT Intermediate) and current EMR. Have been part of the Fire/Rescue world since 1982. Wife is an EMT Basic. I'm more involved in administration at my volunteer fire company these days, but still catch a call now and then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom