OT: - National Donut Day ... June 5th | The Boneyard

OT: National Donut Day ... June 5th

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its that time of the year again.... National Donut Day is Friday June 5th. Last year I was admonished for not starting this thread.... so I post this on the day before to give all participants time to prepare. I know that Krispy Kreme and Dunkin are giving away free donuts tomorrow... and Im sure other places around the country have deals as well... so check with your favorite donut provider.

yeah.gif

Reaction Score
Its that time of the year again.... National Donut Day is Friday June 5th. Last year I was admonished for not starting this thread.... so I post this on the day before to give all participants time to prepare. I know that Krispy Kreme and Dunkin are giving away free donuts tomorrow... and Im sure other places around the country have deals as well... so check with your favorite donut provider.

View attachment 55064

Reaction Score

View attachment 55064

Triad, I'm not sure I would place Dunkin Doughnuts in any category describing a decent doughnut. Many many years ago I had the opportunity to eat Spudnuts and I've always thought they were in a class of their own. But when the light is on and the glaze is warm it's like a little slice of heaven.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, I'm not sure I would place Dunkin Doughnuts in any category describing a decent doughnut. Many many years ago I had the opportunity to eat Spudnuts and I've always thought they were in a class of their own. But when the light is on and the glaze is warm it's like a little slice of heaven.

I'm no big fan of Dunkin..,, its the donut shop of last resort.... but I know its a big deal up north..and probably some Dunkin fans on here.

I had to look up Spudnuts...... interesting concept :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm no big fan of Dunkin..,, its the donut shop of last resort.... but I know its a big deal up north..and probably some Dunkin fans on here.

I had to look up Spudnuts...... interesting concept :eek:
Growing up in New England, I was raised on Dunkin Donuts. Got a Dunkin Donuts 5 minutes from the house. On my way there now to celebrate this most important “day of days.”

Thanks for your reminder, Triad.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
If any of you are ever in the area of Wallingford, CT, stop at Neil's Donuts, on the Old Hartford Turnpike. Get a mixed dozen, be sure to include some classics as well as some fancies. Each one is twice the size of a Dunkin, but that's not what makes them great. They are amazing. One drawback, be prepared to wait in line, but it does move quickly.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I went to Publix today and got some fried cinnamon doughnuts. Wife is making pork chops and gravy with rice for lunch. Donuts for snack. Life is not as bad as some would have us think. :)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Really, not even 1 full days "heads up"??? How am I supposed to plan my trips to Dunkin, Bess Eaton and Krispy Kreme with such late notice?
Triad is letting me down..
Image result for disappointed meme

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Around here Top Pot Donuts is kind of a big deal. They just seem like donuts to me, but to each their own (Dick's Drive-In is the same to me: pretty much legendary in the Seattle area and totally mediocre in my opinion).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Man.... I didnt plan this day well... Im still pooped from yardwork....and I have more to do..... and I gotta watch the news... AND the city is under curfew so most places are closing at 7pm. Perhaps I can make it up Saturday with a trip to Krispy Kreme, AND Donut World AND Duck Donuts ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Really, not even 1 full days "heads up"??? How am I supposed to plan my trips to Dunkin, Bess Eaton and Krispy Kreme with such late notice?
Triad is letting me down..
Image result for disappointed meme

:oops: Well July is a big food month.... I'll give advance warning

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yum! That and maple bars are my go to (I think they are called long johns in other parts of the country?).

Maple bars are good... chocolate bars are great. My favorite donuts place Daily Donuts gives you the option of injecting (?) cream inside of the donuts/bars. Whenever I get a maple bar... I have them inject it with the vanilla buttercream :D

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Dunkin was better when they made the donuts on-site (most sites, anyhow). Those days are gone. Their French Crullers are still good, others ok.

Don't actually eat a lot of donuts, I'm not a huge Krispy Kreme fan (I'm not saying I never eat them). Never really tried out the local places BUT if you are ever in Santa Cruz California there is a local Donut place with a couple locations (can't remember the name) that is first rate. My wife took a number of classes near there and we always bought donuts for the hotel and to bring home.

Reaction Score
Went down to the Mohegan yesterday. The light was on so I brought home a dozen doughnuts. Well, I bought a dozen doughnuts. It's a long ride home and my stomach was lonely.

Reaction Score
Every day is doughnut day.

"You don't have to be hungry to eat a doughnut."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While Dunkin Donuts may not be everyone’s favorite, the Canton, MA based company issued a press release today that was very good news no matter where you get your donuts. DD announced that as business restrictions due to the coronavirus are easing around the country, they plan to hire 25,000 additional employees.

So let’s all do are part to bring back the economy. Go out and buy a dozen donuts. What the Hell! Go out and buy 2 dozen donuts. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom