OT: National Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: National Championship

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Alabama putting this one away quickly. 38-17 and the offense is firing on all cylinders.

Tough to see Waddle hobble off the field. Kid has guts and heart.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alabama putting this one away quickly. 38-17 and the offense is firing on all cylinders.

Tough to see Waddle hobble off the field. Kid has guts and heart.

Not so fast.

Only 14 point lead.

Reaction Score
DeVonta Smith looks like an adult playing in his kid’s rec league.

I’m happy for Najee Harris, who was a freak of nature coming out of high school and would probably be in his second year in the NFL right now if he’d gone to basically any other school.

Reaction Score
Bama by 28
1610427563617.gif

Reaction Score
Terribly boring game and bad for college football with the same general cast of characters repeating year over year. They better find some parity and a better system before everybody tunes out.

They so badly need to expand and bring in some regional diversity and curiosity. It’s very bland with 4 teams. I’m ok with Bama winning but give TA&M or UC a crack at it. Spice up the soup.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
They so badly need to expand and bring in some regional diversity and curiosity. It’s very bland with 4 teams. I’m ok with Bama winning but give TA&M or UC a crack at it. Spice up the soup.
I agree. Also think recruiting wouldn't be so top heavy if they added 4 more playoff teams. It's literally what everyone wants.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I agree. Also think recruiting wouldn't be so top heavy if they added 4 more playoff teams. It's literally what everyone wants.
Adding playoff teams won’t change anything. You need to cut scholarships so Alabama, OSU, Clemson can’t stockpile 5* recruits.

Reaction Score
The gap between 1 and 4 is typically pretty wide, so I’m not sure an 8-team playoff is really worth it.

But I do like the idea of a 6-team playoff, with the top 2 seeds getting a bye. There always seems to be some debate over who should get the 4th seed - better to screw over the 7th best team than the 5th best team. Plus, adding two more games would help shorten the ridiculous month-long layoff after the season ends.

Reaction Score
If FCS, DII and DIII can all have 24 or 32 team play offs there's no reason D1 can't have a 16 Team play off. 10 conference champs and 6 at large.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Adding playoff teams won’t change anything. You need to cut scholarships so Alabama, OSU, Clemson can’t stockpile 5* recruits.

Those 3 schools have a monopoly on playoff bids in the current structure, and it is hard for anyone else to get a bid. That is why they stockpile 5* talent. If there were 8 bids, 25 schools could credibly tell recruits that they have a shot to make the playoffs.

Whatever. College football is unwatchable at this point. Every season is the Clemson/Alabama coronation, with Oklahoma/Notre Dame/Ohio State playing the Washington Generals role. Only 4 of the 14 semifinal games have been decided by 14 points or less, and over half the championship games have not been close. What is the point of watching?

Reaction Score
Almost a nailbiter for the Over. I was not at all surprised that OSU couldn't keep up, their offense already wasn't looking particularly sharp in the second quarter.

If this was 77 instead of 75, you'd have a lot of Under folks ripping up their tickets at halftime and now trying to tape them back together.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The gap between 1 and 4 is typically pretty wide, so I’m not sure an 8-team playoff is really worth it.

But I do like the idea of a 6-team playoff, with the top 2 seeds getting a bye. There always seems to be some debate over who should get the 4th seed - better to screw over the 7th best team than the 5th best team. Plus, adding two more games would help shorten the ridiculous month-long layoff after the season ends.

Play the first round at the higher ranked team.

#3 hosts #6, #4 hosts #5. Third week of December.

Then move to the semis and the final at the neutral site big bowl locations.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Almost a nailbiter for the Over. I was not at all surprised that OSU couldn't keep up, their offense already wasn't looking particularly sharp in the second quarter.

If this was 77 instead of 75, you'd have a lot of Under folks ripping up their tickets at halftime and now trying to tape them back together.

I wasn't surprised Bama hung 50+. I mentioned earlier it might take 50 to win this game. In my head that comment was more directed towards OSU being able to keep up. Still, knowing how teams have scored on Bama I was thinking OSU could get in to the 30's. With a healthy Sermon maybe they are a bit better and do that.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I wasn't surprised Bama hung 50+. I mentioned earlier it might take 50 to win this game. In my head that comment was more directed towards OSU being able to keep up. Still, knowing how teams have scored on Bama I was thinking OSU could get in to the 30's. With a healthy Sermon maybe they are a bit better and do that.
I thought Master Teague stepped in and played well. Had 2 TDs although didn’t get as much yards as the Buckeyes had hoped for.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'm definitely biased, because I strongly dislike Ohio State (big 10 in general) & Notre Dame, but the playoff won't be any better until the committee stops giving these teams an annual pass.

Notre Dame got blown out by Clemson in the ACC Championship. Did anyone with a pulse really think they had a better shot against a better Alabama team?

Ohio State was blessed with Urban Meyer, but once he left, their auto bid to the CFP should have departed too. Anyone who watched OSU this season saw that Fields is not an elite QB worthy of heisman consideration (he was on the list until an awful B10 Champ game) and outside of a career game against Clemson, struggled mightily against even decent competition (Indiana & NW). Good luck to whatever team drafts him just because he wore a Buckeye uniform. 4 years from now, him and Dwayne Haskins can reminisce on their failed time in the league.

Please give me a battle tested SEC team (A&M, Georgia or Florida) in the future over midwest trash. Next year I want to see real competitive football in the CFP.

These are some pretty hot takes. I'm like 50% serious, 50% facetious.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
9 does seem like a lot of points. I think the only thing I would touch this game is the over/under and I'd take over.
Winner may need to hang 50.

I'll take a small, off camera victory lap.

Called the over.

Knew 50 was a good score for the winner. I was confident Bama was going to be near this number. Honestly though OSU would be in the mid-30's and really needed to get some breaks to hang with the Tide offense.

Would have lost on the spread of 9, but as I mentioned I wouldn't have placed a wooden nickel on that bet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom