OT: National Championship | The Boneyard

OT: National Championship

Reaction Score
What do we think? I haven't watched a ton of college football this season but I'm surprised to see Ohio State getting 9. That seems way too high to me against this Alabama squad.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
9 does seem like a lot of points. I think the only thing I would touch this game is the over/under and I'd take over.
Winner may need to hang 50.

Reaction Score
If the OSU qb can drop dimes like he did against Clemson, then yeah, might be a race to 50. Were Clemson DBs just unusually slow? The WRs were behind them just about every play. If Bama's secondary is faster that should bottle up some of the big gainers.

Reaction Score
9 does seem like a lot of points. I think the only thing I would touch this game is the over/under and I'd take over.
Winner may need to hang 50.

This is usually when I take a look at the fact that both offenses are pretty explosive and Alabama has gotten torched by the decent offenses it's played this season and I hammer the over and the game ends up being 7-3.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If the OSU qb can drop dimes like he did against Clemson, then yeah, might be a race to 50. Were Clemson DBs just unusually slow? The WRs were behind them just about every play. If Bama's secondary is faster that should bottle up some of the big gainers.

Not sure what was up with Clemson's secondary. I am confident OSU's WR's won't be running behind Bama's DB's freely.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is usually when I take a look at the fact that both offenses are pretty explosive and Alabama has gotten torched by the decent offenses it's played this season and I hammer the over and the game ends up being 7-3.

I'm seeing 75. That means 38-37 is a push.

Reaction Score
Unless Fields has another career day, Alabama is just too good right now to stop. It's weird talking about Alabama with offense and not defense. Really took a turn when Smart left.

Reaction Score
Who cares about the cartel. 70’s version was Saudi Arabia vs UAE

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What do we think? I haven't watched a ton of college football this season but I'm surprised to see Ohio State getting 9. That seems way too high to me against this Alabama squad.

I would take the points. Without a doubt. This is not the normal Alabama team with a great defense, their D is pretty mediocre. Worse than Clemson's. And the OSU offense demolished Clemson.

Take the points and the Over.

Reaction Score
Not sure what was up with Clemson's secondary. I am confident OSU's WR's won't be running behind Bama's DB's freely.
Before the CFP Semifinals, Clemson was ranked 25th in pass defense and Alabama was 77th. With Malachi Moore also rumored to be out tonight, I wouldn't be so sure of Alabama containing OSU.

I feel like this game just will come down to either turnovers or whichever defense can get a stop when it matters most.

Reaction Score
Devonta and Najee will be too much for Ohio St and I see Bama doing a much better job on Fields and the rest of that offense compared to Clemson whose secondary isn’t on Bama’s level

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Before the CFP Semifinals, Clemson was ranked 25th in pass defense and Alabama was 77th. With Malachi Moore also rumored to be out tonight, I wouldn't be so sure of Alabama containing OSU.

I feel like this game just will come down to either turnovers or whichever defense can get a stop when it matters most.

I didn't say contain them, I said OSU won't run by them. Fields look like he was playing pitch and catch the way OSU's receivers were gettin 3-5 yards of separation downfield.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You could also suggest Clemson had to face ACC passing offenses while Bama had to face SEC offenses. Not saying it would fully close the gap but I think it would be much different if Bama and Clemson swapped schedules.

Reaction Score
I didn't say contain them, I said OSU won't run by them. Fields look like he was playing pitch and catch the way OSU's receivers were gettin 3-5 yards of separation downfield.
Contain = limiting big plays

If you want to go a step further, Florida threw for 408 yards and had 2 passing touchdowns of 50+ yards against them. Ole Miss threw for 365 and also had 2 50+ yard passing touchdowns. If Ole Miss and Florida can run by them, OSU is more than capable.

Ole Miss and Florida combined for 1109 yards against Bama.

If you take Notre Dame (the most recent common opponent for Alabama and Clemson,) Notre Dame had over a 100 more yards of offense against Alabama than they did Clemson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom