2025 Recruiting: - Nate Ament | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Nate Ament

Reaction Score

Not sure if he’s rules is out or just hasn’t scheduled us, which could mean the same.

(Was supposed to go against another threat - moderator feel free to nuke)

Last edited:

awy

Reaction Score
having kstate there seems to suggest he's getting big money offers. but there's still the virginia etc so it's not all about money.

the one piece of info i'll add is that it's been suggested that he will drag on his commitment until spring next year. maybe a three peat will make uconn more attractive? it's probably not worth thinking about him until further notice either way.

Reaction Score
Ament is a talented kid-He has options- He also sees our interest in Reibe and Bundalo- Not complicated

Reaction Score
Ament is completely different from Reibe and Bundalo, especially Reibe. Reibe is purely a 5 for us…and honestly Bundalo may be too. Ament is very perimeter oriented…more of a 3 than a 5.

Regardless…I think we want a guard, a wing, and a big…and would prefer to wrap 3 guys up before Ament is looking like he’s going to decide.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
Ament visits Texas at Austin today and that wraps up his list of visits AFAIK. Not sure how hot we are pursuing him, but if he wants to play the 4 we're pretty open next year.

Reaction Score
Ament visits Texas at Austin today and that wraps up his list of visits AFAIK. Not sure how hot we are pursuing him, but if he wants to play the 4 we're pretty open ne
I think Bundalo is the 4 DH is focused on depending on how dominos fall with Reibe- Meaning-Do we have a three or four player freshmen class for 2025.

JerseyAlum

Reaction Score
three frosh for 2025 + 1 transfer and a lot depends on the 4 recruiting (e.g., Bundalo, Ament, etc).

Also if Stewart really shines we might need 2 transfers next year.

JerseyAlum

Reaction Score
I see Ament having a lot more upside than Bundalo. Ament needs strength and to fill out to be an amazing 4 but has the skillset. Bundalo has a lower ceiling but has a better motor, and the strength. Either way I would be happy - just happeir with Nate.

Reaction Score
Why? What’s the rationale?

He and Bundalo are both 4’s. I only see us putting foot on gas with Ament once we know Nico is going elsewhere. Ament is slow playing, no need to rush.
Ament and Bundalo are extremely different players. Ament is a 3/4 while Bundalo is a 4/5. Ament honestly plays more like a guard - KD vibes when I watched him.

Reaction Score
G
Ament and Bundalo are extremely different players. Ament is a 3/4 while Bundalo is a 4/5. Ament honestly plays more like a guard - KD vibes when I watched him.
Ament is OAD and given how thin, will likely see his best days in the NBA after a few years of getting stronger. I’m not confident how much we get out of him for one year.

Reaction Score
G

Ament is OAD and given how thin, will likely see his best days in the NBA after a few years of getting stronger. I’m not confident how much we get out of him for one year.
I don’t disagree with that assessment at all, but just saying I don’t think an overlap with Bundalo would be a reason not to recruit him.

Reaction Score
G

That's exactly my feeling too. He's one of those very high upside recruits that will need time to get stronger and adjust to the college game but probably won't stay in college long enough to realize that potential during his 1 year. Feels like a Calipari type recruit.

Reaction Score
Ament and Thomas's timelines are much later than our other targets. I have a feeling that will be the biggest barrier to getting a commitment from either. You don't hold off on a Bundalo or Mullins to try and get Ament or Thomas. That would be nuts.

Reaction Score
Ament and Thomas's timelines are much later than our other targets. I have a feeling that will be the biggest barrier to getting a commitment from either. You don't hold off on a Bundalo or Mullins to try and get Ament or Thomas. That would be nuts.
Agree

Reaction Score
We don't want to get Dialloed. Let some other schools hold out for that fun.

Reaction Score
Recruit him all winter and if Stewart goes to the NBA then you take him in the spring. Otherwise I agree it doesn't make much sense to hold out for Ament if Bundalo is ready to commit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom