Natalie Butler's Double Double Leads George Mason To Win | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler's Double Double Leads George Mason To Win

Reaction Score
Natalie Butler had 20 pts, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks in George Mason's win over Loyola.:)

Big Nights from Newcomers Propel Patriots to First Win

From the game recap:

"Butler began to find her groove. After missing her first four shots to start the game and only score four points in the first half, Butler came alive after halftime. The graduate transfer from Connecticut accounted for eight points during a 10-5 run by the Patriots to cut the lead to 54-53 heading into the final period."

"Trailing by three, the Patriots once again got the ball inside to Butler, who drew contact and knocked down a layup. She made the free throw to finish the three-point play and tie the game, 64-64, with 6:09 remaining."

"Butler pulled down two offensive rebounds on the next possession and passed off to Gatling for a layup. Then the 6-foot-5 Butler came up with a steal that led to Bolton's layup for an insurmountable seven-point lead."

"Butler scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds after halftime. She was 8-for-15 from the field and made 4 of 5 free throws. She also blocked two shots and had two assists and a steal."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I could not be happier for Nat. Lord knows she paid her dues, and deserves some things to go her way this year. It's nice to see her getting some return on all of the hard work she has put in the last 3 years.

Natalie - be the "guide-on" and team leader your coaches and teammates are expecting you to be. You're the only player in that program that has a championship ring, and knows what exactly it takes to be successful, and win games at the major college level of WCBB. Be a mentor and pour into them.

It's your turn now to be an example of what a "sold-out" and totally committed student athlete looks like. Let that UConn pedigree in you shine through for everyone to see. Play like a champion. We're still watching and rooting for you. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It was a genuine pleasure to read that report. I hope she has a terrific final year of college ball. I'm sure her Husky team mates are thrilled for her.
Apparently Natalie made the perfect move for her final BB year. Had she stayed she'd have been sitting a lot, maybe. In GM she has the opportunity be the STAR and no young lady deserves to be the STAR more than Natalie Butler, I wish her ultimate great success and an opportunity to play in Europe.

Reaction Score
I think it's likely she will be the most successful transfer out of the UConn program ever. That would be great for her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think it's likely she will be the most successful transfer out of the UConn program ever. That would be great for her.
No a chance. EDD at Delaware, Samarie Walker at Kentucky, Sadie Edwards at USC , Michala Johnson at Wisconsin, and D'Jane Boykin at Penn State transferred into much more significant starting roles at much more prestigious programs after leaving UCONN. Nat is doing great at George Mason but let's not get carried away. What conference does George Mason play in?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No a chance. EDD at Delaware, Samarie Walker at Kentucky, Sadie Edwards at USC , Michala Johnson at Wisconsin, and D'Jane Boykin at Penn State transferred into much more significant starting roles at much more prestigious programs after leaving UCONN. Nat is doing great at George Mason but let's not get carried away. What conference does George Mason play in?
EDD is in a category by herself.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Natalie had another huge double-double today, leading her team with 21 points and 16 rebounds in a 66-53 win over Old Dominion.

Great! You go, Nat! As frustrating as her time in Storrs sometimes was, she still learned and improved and showed glimpses of an even better future.

Reaction Score
Obviously, EDD is technically a transfer, but a special case and I wouldn't include her in this comparison. As for any of the others, only time will tell as far as I am concerned. Your definition of successful is idiosyncratic.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
You got your nerve questioning what conference any team plays in. They play in the A10 Conference but have not started conference play yet. Some on this board are high on Missouri and they lost to St. Louis U. last season who is in the A1o. So was Dayton when they gave Uconn a scare in the NCAA Tournament. With the exception of Uconn, the AAC is one of the weakest conferences in the country. The main thing that held Butler back was Uconn's system. She did not overnight get the skills she is showing now. If Chong had chosen another school she could have been a big time scorer in college just as she is showing overseas. Sadie Edwards would not have had the season she had with USC had she stayed at Uconn. Slocum, Iounescu?, Ogunbowale, Mabry and others would not have had the freshman seasons they had if they had played at Uconn. They all had too many weaknesses that would not have pleased the Uconn coaches, imo. They still have those weaknesses. However, I believe in the end they would all be more complete players if they had played for Uconn. Stevens is a good example. A very good player who was an honorable mention AA who has to learn Uconn's system to become the complete player Geno knows she can be. It's all about Uconn's complicated, exceptional system, which covers the mental as well as the physical aspects of basketball, imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom