Natalie Butler Interview | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler Interview

Reaction Score
From GMUFourthEstate:

Natalie Butler: A Story of Coming Home

FOURTH ESTATE: What drew you to Mason?
Natalie Butler: The global affairs masters program. I really wanted to focus on doing something international with my graduate degree, so the fact that that was offered here and not at Connecticut was a huge, I guess, key factor for me coming to Mason.
FOURTH ESTATE: What is your goal for after you graduate?
NB
: I would like to play at the next level. If not, then the next step would be doing an internship with something like international consulting or something along those lines, so we’ll see. But, the first goal would definitely if I ever had the opportunity to play overseas or professionally here that would be amazing,

Natalie Butler: A Story of Coming Home | Fourth Estate

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was wondering if Nat has pro aspirations. In fact, a person I know from Georgetown asked me exactly that over the weekend. Three years ago, I thought she would be closer to Stefanie, because they have similar builds, but Stef has much better hands and footwork. I hope Nat can find a place to play. My opinion is that the WNBA will be tough, but Europe could work--and it would fit with her studies.

I hope to go watch Nat later this month. Here are her stats so far this year:

18.1 ppg (2nd on the team by 1 point)
13.7 rpg
.528 shooting
.500 3-point shooting (2-4, nice!)
.703 FT shooting
21 assists
34 TOs
20 blocks

She's shining in her new setting.

Reaction Score
I was wondering if Nat has pro aspirations. In fact, a person I know from Georgetown asked me exactly that over the weekend. Three years ago, I thought she would be closer to Stefanie, because they have similar builds, but Stef has much better hands and footwork. I hope Nat can find a place to play. My opinion is that the WNBA will be tough, but Europe could work--and it would fit with her studies.

I hope to go watch Nat later this month. Here are her stats so far this year:

18.1 ppg (2nd on the team by 1 point)
13.7 rpg
.528 shooting
.500 3-point shooting (2-4, nice!)
.703 FT shooting
21 assists
34 TOs
20 blocks

She's shining in her new setting.
And the University has a great International Affairs program--daughter went there, then State Dept.

HGN

Reaction Score
What jumps out in the article to me is that she said that the main reason she left UConn was to find a program that offered 'International' or Global studies for her Graduate work. But UConn doesn't offer that program line of courses and George Mason does...............Thus, she didn't leave because of the lack of playing time. Many , including myself, thought lack of playing time might have been the reason. But it was not.

This young lady has character. And I'm pulling for her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I continue to hope that GM makes it to the Big Dance this year and ends up in CT for the first round where I trust the UConn fans would give Nat a thunderous ovation when she is introduced at the beginning of the game. It would be a great way for fans to say thanks for the 3 years that Nat dedicated to UConn WBB.

Reaction Score
Natalie's stats and highlights this week
A10 player of the week (or coplayer) for 4th week in a row
Hit her 1000th career point last night against UMBC

NCAA stats
Rebounds | DI Women's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com
#1 in nation in rebounds
#1 in nation in Double Doubles (11 in a row) missed 12 by 1 rebound against Michigan
#2 in nation in rebounds per game

Highlights from last night game with Natalie interview at end (won't post directly so go to the video page dated 12/11/17)
GoMason.com - The Official Athletic Site of George Mason University Athletics

George Masons best start in 30 years at 10 & 2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom