Nashville Accomodations | The Boneyard

Nashville Accomodations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. I've been surprised at how expensive the nice (but not high-end) downtown hotels are (pretty much $300-$400). Rather than go downscale and still spend $200, or stay far out, I opted to use points at the Union Station Hotel.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I love Nashville but find the prices for most things to be comparable to most large cities. That being said, if you stay 30 miles out, it's reasonable, but you lose the experience. If you love music, not just country but any type of music, you'll find the very best performers all over Nashville. My wife hates country, but will spend all night at Music Row just marveling at the talent level of the musicians and singers.

Since we moved to the mid west from Ct., we've become campers. The campground we frequent in Nashville has a small (50-60 people) barn that they use on Friday and Saturday nights to provide entertainment. I've heard some tremendously talented people perform there. One guy in particular had a beautiful voice, played about 10 different instruments during his set and was very personable. That was 8 years ago and although I keep on expecting to see him make it, I've never heard of him again. The competition is ridiculous.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I love Nashville but find the prices for most things to be comparable to most large cities. That being said, if you stay 30 miles out, it's reasonable, but you lose the experience. If you love music, not just country but any type of music, you'll find the very best performers all over Nashville. My wife hates country, but will spend all night at Music Row just marveling at the talent level of the musicians and singers.

Since we moved to the mid west from Ct., we've become campers. The campground we frequent in Nashville has a small (50-60 people) barn that they use on Friday and Saturday nights to provide entertainment. I've heard some tremendously talented people perform there. One guy in particular had a beautiful voice, played about 10 different instruments during his set and was very personable. That was 8 years ago and although I keep on expecting to see him make it, I've never heard of him again. The competition is ridiculous.
Some of my favorite newer bands (not really nationally known) come out of Nashville. And none of them are country artists. Belmont University right there in Nashville has a good School of Music. Lots of talent coming out of there.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Some of my favorite newer bands (not really nationally known) come out of Nashville. And none of them are country artists. Belmont University right there in Nashville has a good School of Music. Lots of talent coming out of there.
Absolutely, I know of Belmont and it's first class school of music. My daughter strongly considered going there for music until she became a little more realistic in her career path (thank god!).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Especially for those going to Nashville for the Final Four (or otherwise), I invite your attention to the March 17 issue of TIME magazine's article (p. 28): "Music City Crescendo -- Nashville is showing other U.S. cities how to turn culture into commerce."

As for the rest of us, dig out a DVD to view Robert Altmann's masterpiece: "Nashville," arguably one of the greatest movies ever made.

Then snag a beverage, turn off all phones, get comfortable, cross your fingers and watch The Games (mute button handy).

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
We've been to the country music Fest 5 or 6 yrs now in Nashville- it is awesome. So much phenomenal BBQ and southern fried food everywhere downtown without spending a fortune! Everything walking distance or close proximity. Those who haven't been will love it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom