Napheesa: MVP candidate/Olympian...uh oh | The Boneyard

Napheesa: MVP candidate/Olympian...uh oh

Reaction Score

Update on Napheesa : Back for the Olympics? If not, the article suggests she would return after their
conclusion.
Depending on the how severe the matter is and how quickly or slowly Phee goes through the healing process, we are looking at weeks or months. All depends on Phee and her healing process.

Reaction Score
Depending on the how severe the matter is and how quickly or slowly Phee goes through the healing process, we are looking at weeks or months. All depends on Phee and her healing process.
I’d love to hear any recommendations for fixing that. Been suffering myself for a month.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’d love to hear any recommendations for fixing that. Been suffering myself for a month.
Had the problem off and on for years. Finally went to an orthopedics guy who specialized in foot and ankle issues. He sent me to an orthotist who took an imprint of my feet, molded a couple of high-end inserts for my shoes, and miraculously my planter fasciitis went away..

Reaction Score
I would check with an orthopedics doctor and go from there, if you haven't already. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis a few years back and the doctor just gave me a special boot to wear for a month or so. Told me to get some arch support for my shoes and 2-3 years later, I have not had any issues. Now my teaching buddy was diagnosed, around the same time as me, and he had to have surgery and was out of work for a few weeks.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Can we quit with this totally uninformed and unprofessional medical speculation? (Even if you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ...)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can we quit with this totally uninformed and unprofessional medical speculation? (Even if you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ...)
So you consider treatments recommended by an orthopedic doctor to be, “totally uninformed and unprofessional medical speculation?”

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So you consider treatments recommended by an orthopedic doctor to be, “totally uninformed and unprofessional medical speculation?”
Yes, because he (or she) hasn't examined Napheesa, whose case may be different from yours, and if he had, medical confidentiality would preclude him from stating his diagnosis publicly. Quoting him anonymously about a different case doesn't solve that problem.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, because he (or she) hasn't examined Napheesa, whose case may be different from yours, and if he had, medical confidentiality would preclude him from stating his diagnosis publicly. Quoting him anonymously about a different case doesn't solve that problem.
I have no idea what Pheesa’s specific situation is. But you will note that I was merely responding to another BY’er who was asking for suggestions to deal with his own problem with plantar fasciitis. No speculation on my part. Just trying to help someone who asked for suggestions.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't see the harm in speculating when a player would potentially be back from injury, no one is making substantial claims about when she will or wont return. With the Olympics less than 3 weeks away, I think it's par for the course among fans to speculate if she'll be ready to play.

Reaction Score
Had the problem off and on for years. Finally went to an orthopedics guy who specialized in foot and ankle issues. He sent me to an orthotist who took an imprint of my feet, molded a couple of high-end inserts for my shoes, and miraculously my planter fasciitis went away..
I'm using inserts in most shoes, and still getting 10k steps when golfing. Doesn't bother me too much until I stop moving or sit for a while. Waiting for the miraculous part...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm using inserts in most shoes, and still getting 10k steps when golfing. Doesn't bother me too much until I stop moving or sit for a while. Waiting for the miraculous part...
I don’t know where you got your inserts. Initially I tried inserts that I purchased from Walmart after getting measured on their in-store machine. They didn’t work. The Ortho laughed when I told him. The ones I wear now are a relatively hard composite that were actually molded to fit my feet. They retail for around $800 or $500 with health insurance.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't see the harm in speculating when a player would potentially be back from injury, no one is making substantial claims about when she will or wont return. With the Olympics less than 3 weeks away, I think it's par for the course among fans to speculate if she'll be ready to play.
Agree. In fact, I specifically came on the site today to see if anyone had any (further) information about 'Phee and/or
Rhyne Howard, who has been sidelined with an ankle injury that may impact the U.S.A. 3x3 team. No news with injuries is, well, no news. I would presume/hope the U.S.A. Selection Committee is hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Agree. In fact, I specifically came on the site today to see if anyone had any (further) information about 'Phee and/or
Rhyne Howard, who has been sidelined with an ankle injury that may impact the U.S.A. 3x3 team. No news with injuries is, well, no news. I would presume/hope the U.S.A. Selection Committee is hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.
ESPN Injury page says Howard's estimated return is July 17th, which is the Dreams last game before the break. She last played on June 16th vs Minnesota.

Olympics start July 26th. I would think if the Olympic team was going to walk in the opening ceremonies they would have to leave the USA on July 24th. First 3 x 3 game is July 30th.

The thing about the 3 x 3 games roster is, you cant go over without healthy players, you only take 4. Extremely hard to play with 3 or 3.5 healthy players. I dont recall if you can bring an extra(doubt it) nor if you can use a 5 x 5 player on your countries team, nor add a player after the games start. The 5 x 5 roster has 12, so if you have a question mark I am sure the team can survive with 11, or even 10 healthy players.

Reaction Score
ESPN Injury page says Howard's estimated return is July 17th, which is the Dreams last game before the break. She last played on June 16th vs Minnesota.

Olympics start July 26th. I would think if the Olympic team was going to walk in the opening ceremonies they would have to leave the USA on July 24th. First 3 x 3 game is July 30th.

The thing about the 3 x 3 games roster is, you cant go over without healthy players, you only take 4. Extremely hard to play with 3 or 3.5 healthy players. I dont recall if you can bring an extra(doubt it) nor if you can use a 5 x 5 player on your countries team, nor add a player after the games start. The 5 x 5 roster has 12, so if you have a question mark I am sure the team can survive with 11, or even 10 healthy players.
the 3x3 players also have to have played 3x3 to qualify for the team. Not sre how recently...

Big Mama Stef or KLS might be up for it!

Reaction Score
I don’t know where you got your inserts. Initially I tried inserts that I purchased from Walmart after getting measured on their in-store machine. They didn’t work. The Ortho laughed when I told him. The ones I wear now are a relatively hard composite that were actually molded to fit my feet. They retail for around $800 or $500 with health insurance.
That cost is another miracle waiting to happen. I’m not worthy.

Reaction Score
I received cortisone injections into the heal of my foot for it.....which were far more painful than the injury, and they didn't help me very much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom