Napheesa deserves her own thread. 25 pts (4-5 from 3), 9RB, 6 Blocks ...... | The Boneyard

Napheesa deserves her own thread. 25 pts (4-5 from 3), 9RB, 6 Blocks ......

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For our reading pleasure

In the biggest game of her career, Collier played like a superstar, a development that bodes well for the Lynx the rest of this series, and for the next decade.

"Yeah, she was again what we hoped for," Reeve said. "When your best player performs like your best player, that gives your team a chance to be successful.

"What I liked was the variety of ways she was getting it done. Mixing in the three-balls, and we were getting her the ball inside, and she was creating her own plays at times. Phee was incredible."

She made four of her five three-pointers and finished a beautiful step-through move against Stewart near the basket. She blocked shots without getting into foul trouble. She moved the ball beautifully.

Collier has it all, and you have to wonder if she has been underrated for so long because she rarely displays the ego of a star.

She might have been the best player on the court when playing what might be the best team in the league, but you wouldn't have known that from her demeanor in the postgame interview.

She's soft-spoken and polite. Even her blocks are polite — she doesn't swat shots into the stands; she merely impedes their progress. (Favorite line)

"Phee made big plays," Reeve said. "Really, really big plays, coming over from the help side, even when she had Stewie one-on-one. She's learned a lot defensively, I think. She's bought into positioning and the idea of going airborne vertically.

"She's outstanding at elevating and meeting you at your shot. Six blocks is obviously a lot. There were three in a little over a span of a minute. That was pretty exciting for us."

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One embedded video was of her end of game score at the rim with 3 defenders on her. Very impressive performance, including 3 blocks on Stewie. The epitome of not too high, not too low.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is actually very interesting that she had said a few days ago how important and fun it is to be in the playoffs and be forced to have the level of your game rise

After winning WNBA rookie of the year honors in 2019, Collier in her second season averaged 16.1 points, 9.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks. She shot 52.3% overall, 40.8% on threes. She finished 12th in the league in scoring, 19th in assists, ninth in shooting percentage, third in steals, third in rebounds, sixth in blocks and first in minutes played.

She is a team player, and she knows not to force things. But simply taking what the defense gives her won’t be enough if the Lynx are going to compete with the Storm.

“That’s the beauty about the playoffs,” said Collier, about to enter her first playoff series after playing single-elimination games last year and Thursday. “Everyone has to go to a new level. I’ll have to step it up and play better than I have all season.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After these Playoffs. I would like to see a comparison of Maya Moore's first 2 WNBA seasons and Pheesa's

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Scored 1 more than her age or uniform number

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
3 blocks in succession on Stewie. How could this have been so exhilarating and so heartbreaking at the same time? When Sabrina gets well this is going to be one heck of an Olympic team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After these Playoffs. I would like to see a comparison of Maya Moore's first 2 WNBA seasons and Pheesa's

Well, with a little free time, comparisons of the regular season. Is it far fetched to think Pheesa is following Maya's WNBA trajectory (at least individually)

1600881389460.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Well, with a little free time, comparisons of the regular season. Is it far fetched to think Pheesa is following Maya's WNBA trajectory (at least individually)

View attachment 58952
Thank you for putting that together. That's truly amazing. Overall it's about a wash, with Pheesa clearly leading in shooting pct, rebounds, and blocks, and Maya in turnovers. We can only hope that Pheesa gets a few championships and that they get to play together at some point.

Reaction Score
When Sue is playing I lean a bit toward Seattle otherwise I'd go for the Lynx. Too bad Tuck is out - then with a 3-2 UConn lead I would have to be for the Storm (well at least until Maya comes back...).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno's famous quote last year as Napheesa was outdueling Arike for ROY

“She’s just beginning to assert herself,” Auriemma said. “In the coming years you’re going to see one of the most dominant players in the league. This is the worst she’s going to be. You’re looking at a multi-Olympian, a multi-All-Star.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom