Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain in the WNBA right now | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain in the WNBA right now

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Megan Gauer

Are the best players in the league making the most in 2020? Which players are the biggest bargains in the WNBA right now? How does the new CBA affect how talent is being rewarded compared to their performance?

We’ll explore these questions and more in a three-part series analyzing 2020 player compensation compared with 2019 player performance. To do so, we compared the latest salary data for the 2020 season with players’ 2019 performance as measured by Win Shares.

Reaction Score
Napheesa always gave me the impression of being that person who was one of those t ten per cent of the people in any work group who actually made sure the job was done. I can never recall her looking upset in any game even when someone on the opposing team 'got physical". To use an old phrase, "She jsut went about doing her work".

Reaction Score
The salary information was interesting. Most made sense but there were a few head scratchers.

Collier is my favorite player for UConn since Moore. She seems cut from the same cloth as Maya and my favorite LV, Catchings. All of them do whatever is asked of them on the court and also are great representatives in the larger world outside of basketball.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’m wondering how Pheesa will make out without Seimone Augustus. There was an article late in or soon after last season about their relationship. They had dinner together almost every day on the road, and Napheesa, as is her wont, picked Seimone’s brain about everything, and Seimone really took Napheesa under her wing.

I remember in particular Seimone saying something to the effect, This is my team now, it will be yours when I’m gone. I really thought she’d be with the Lynx till she retired, and give Napheesa at least another year of tutelage.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m wondering how Pheesa will make out without Seimone Augustus. There was an article late in or soon after last season about their relationship. They had dinner together almost every day on the road, and Napheesa, as is her wont, picked Seimone’s brain about everything, and Seimone really took Napheesa under her wing.

I remember in particular Seimone saying something to the effect, This is my team now, it will be yours when I’m gone. I really thought she’d be with the Lynx till she retired, and give Napheesa at least another year of tutelage.

Seimone was definitely very important to Naphessa in her rookie year as a Mentor but I think Naphessa has learned what she needed to and has acquired a comfort level and confidence that will allow Napheesa to be a repeating All Star (if the decision is based on all around excellence that is :rolleyes:), And Reeves is the best coach for her. Very Geno like and Fowles will continue to be the veteran presence she can lean on during tough times.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The salary information was interesting. Most made sense but there were a few head scratchers.

Collier is my favorite player for UConn since Moore. She seems cut from the same cloth as Maya and my favorite LV, Catchings. All of them do whatever is asked of them on the court and also are great representatives in the larger world outside of basketball.
Pheesa and Maya were both born in Jefferson City, MO. Phee looked up to Maya. Maya, in turn, looked up to Catch. One fine trio of very hardworking, humble ballplayers.

Reaction Score
Pheesa and Maya were both born in Jefferson City, MO. Phee looked up to Maya. Maya, in turn, looked up to Catch. One fine trio of very hardworking, humble ballplayers.
Nice! I didn’t know Maya was born in MO. I live in Atlanta and know she graduated high school from Collins Hill here, which is on the other side of town but I know approximately where it is.

A former coworker of mine was in the grade below her and told me once it was insane how good she was in high school. He didn’t know her or follow the sport but certainly knew her reputation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom