Nan Newslink-David Ramsay Article | The Boneyard

Nan Newslink-David Ramsay Article

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
First, thanks Nan for all the news links every day. 2nd for those who want a little "ire" in this most appropriate day, feel free to read the David Ramsay article and come back here to vent.

Immediately what comes to my mind on the "Saint's day" is "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" or in this knuckleheads case, write!

Here is the seconding of the UConn is bad for the game mantra. So let me ask you this Mr. Ramsay- who else would have been such an ambassador for the woman's game if not for the Huskies of UConn? It's been 9 years since UT has been relevant, so would it be Muffet? Kim? Brenda? Not hardly.

Please show and give evidence how they are bad for the game. Attendance is up, viewership is up and ready for this-Revenue is up.

Ok, I am better now and ready to enjoy the rest of St. Pats day, the men's tourney (URI over Creightim) and the start of the women's tourney. I hope I can actually get som work done....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry - all ranted out at the moment, but it isn't toooo bad an article and I like the handle he uses of some local girls. And what always gets lost is the amount of attention that would not otherwise exist without Uconn. And as I remember it was the same with UCLA - that question 'will anyone ever beat UCLA' started appearing in local newspapers for teams that had never played UCLA and weren't likely to challenge - but it started driving interest in the sport that was not exactly front page back then. Uconn is doing it now and has all this year - business week has run a number of feature for crying out loud, on women's basketball!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom