Name a song you played in the car that made your kids hate you. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Name a song you played in the car that made your kids hate you.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My 17 year old daughter was raised listening to the classic rock and even singer songwriter stuff. She likes lots of stuff I hate, but likes most of what her mom and I like. She has made a point of trying to see the old folks while she can, including The Stones, Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac. Hell, even Kiss.

That said, I’m a Parrothead and she doesn‘t seem to get Jimmy Buffett at all. Maybe it makes more sense once you start drinking.

Reaction Score
My 17 year old daughter was raised listening to the classic rock and even singer songwriter stuff. She likes lots of stuff I hate, but likes most of what her mom and I like. She has made a point of trying to see the old folks while she can, including The Stones, Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac. Hell, even Kiss.

That said, I’m a Parrothead and she doesn‘t seem to get Jimmy Buffett at all. Maybe it makes more sense once you start drinking.

Do people listen to Jimmy Buffett for the songs when they're not blasted on margaritas at a concert?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Do people listen to Jimmy Buffett for the songs when they're not blasted on margaritas at a concert?

My kids love Come Monday and love hearing Margaritaville when he talks about pop tops. One of Jimmy's yachts, "Come Monday" is a staple along the Alabama/Florida gulf coast where he grew up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I do. Not often. But there are some actual great songs in that canon. A Pirate looks at 40. Son of a Sailor, Pencil Thin Mustache, Hell even Volcano, and I can name a bunch of 70's deep cuts that are just simply really good songs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do. Not often. But there are some actual great songs in that canon. A Pirate looks at 40. Son of a Sailor, Pencil Thin Mustache, Hell even Volcano, and I can name a bunch of 70's deep cuts that are just simply really good songs.
I love his cover of Phish's "Gumbo."

Reaction Score
I wasn't allowed to change the station in the car and we listened to classic 60s and 70s rock every single time. Very grateful for his stubbornness considering most "popular" music went down the tubes post 2000.

He did like Lose Yourself by Eminem though.

cc: @microfich

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is even worse, and sadly he spreads this to tens of thousands, if not more.

For the record I love all of Dylan's stuff from the 60s and 70s.

For the 80's Try Infidels, and Oh Mercy.

For the 90's try Time out of Mind, 2000's love and theft. All that material holds up as best output too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom