Name a song you played in the car that made your kids hate you. | The Boneyard

Name a song you played in the car that made your kids hate you.

Reaction Score
Kids from any era. Mine are born post-2000.

Mine hate ANYTHING by the Cramps. But they especially hate Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Not even Karla DeVito saves it for them.

Reaction Score
My son knew all the words to Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chili Peppers by the time he was three. He is now 20 and they are still his favorite band.

I guess this is the exact opposite of what you're asking though.

Reaction Score
My mom loved this song when I was in middle school. My mom is the person who bought CDs for one song and played that song on repeat over and over and over and over.

I always thought my middle school experience couldn't have gone any worse.

Reaction Score
How about the reverse of that question? I can think of at least 20 songs my kids make me play that makes me hate them

Granted they were only 7 and 9, but anything by Imagined Dragons brought the worst out in me.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Granted they were only 7 and 9, but anything by Imagined Dragons brought the worst out in me.
I got cornered into taking our daughter to see them live at the Isleta Amphitheater in NM last year. The ability to order food from our seats and a bottle of nice wine from a solid wine list was a surprise. But i walked away appreciating Imagine Dragons. I'm actually a fan now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My dad always played Bruce's "santa clause is coming to town" on Christmas morning and I will forever hate the Boss because of it

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My dad always played Bruce's "santa clause is coming to town" on Christmas morning and I will forever hate the Boss because of it
never understood why people listened to him. seems like a nice enough guy, but...i put him in a tie with john cougar melonhead for which music is less appealing

Reaction Score
never understood why people listened to him. seems like a nice enough guy, but...i put him in a tie with john cougar melonhead for which music is less appealing
Can't like this enough. Totally agree

Reaction Score
Agree on the Boss, just not my style, but I love Mellencamp. So many great songs.

Reaction Score
I have a weird connection to that band: my friend’s brother is in a band where the lead singer is dating (or married to??) the lead singer of Imagine Dragons.

They’re possibly the worst band ever.

I’d easily listen to Creed or Nickleback over Imagine Dragons simply because the prior two bands have enough of an irony factor with me where I can laugh to myself when hearing their music.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anything from Dylan.

They love or at least respect pretty much everything else I play.

Reaction Score
Trick question. Our mistake was buying a van with a dvd player.

When our kid was just a toddler Down With The Sickness came on so we kept doing the Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah and he was just cracking up.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I have a weird connection to that band: my friend’s brother is in a band where the lead singer is dating (or married to??) the lead singer of Imagine Dragons.

They’re possibly the worst band ever.

I’d easily listen to Creed or Nickleback over Imagine Dragons simply because the prior two bands have enough of an irony factor with me where I can laugh to myself when hearing their music.
Speaking of creed, have you heard “Marlins Will Soar”? Easily one of the best pieces of music composed in the past century.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sacrilege
It’s the voice. They’ll get it, eventually.

I will say that my listening to the Theme Time Radio marathon on Deep Tracks isn’t helping. They really can’t stand his talking voice either, and I am absolutely immune to it in all forms. Funny.

Reaction Score
That song “kiss me” from the mid-late 90s would come on the radio and my brother and I would scream every time

Reaction Score
My kids (2 & 4) don't seem to love death metal too much yet.

Whenever this came on one of the tapes my Dad would make it would always elicit groans from me and my brother and sister.

I don't mind it so much now.

Reaction Score
It’s the voice. They’ll get it, eventually.

I will say that my listening to the Theme Time Radio marathon on Deep Tracks isn’t helping. They really can’t stand his talking voice either, and I am absolutely immune to it in all forms. Funny.
He has a great voice. It is big. It fills a lot of space. Especially the earlier stuff. People get caught up with parodies of his voice and think thats what he actually sounds like. The weird thing is that Tom Petty sound more like what people think BD sounds like than BD does. Last I heard BD sounded more like Tom Waits than BD or Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score
None. But I distinctly remember one of my kids friends in the back seat loudly stating his hatred of Atlantis bt Donovan. I told him to wait for the chorus. He wouldnt.

Reaction Score
Regarding the boss comments, I understand that like all art, musical tastes are highly subjective and personal, but to someone who grew up in central Jersey in the 60’s & 70’s, hearing someone say they don’t relate to Bruce, is like hearing someone say they don’t like pizza. (aNd ice cream for good measure)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom