NaLyssa Smith Class of 2018 | The Boneyard

NaLyssa Smith Class of 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Per twitter has named UConn in her Top 15. Anyone know anything about her and her game? I didn't realize the staff was recruiting her. I apologize if I missed an earlier thread about her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Per twitter has named UConn in her Top 15. Anyone know anything about her and her game? I didn't realize the staff was recruiting her. I apologize if I missed an earlier thread about her.
There was some discussion on her a couple of months ago. HG has her ranked as the #2 forward and #12 overall player. She's a 6'2" leaper who dunks at a young age.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Good to see Louisville finally in on a player.

Cqaldx3UMAAFMCr.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure Smith is on UCONN's radar but many in Texas that post here like @easttexastrash are saying that she might be the best in the class. Mike Flynn was also very complementary.

While the “star-lacking” USA Trials started with plenty of opportunity, it was apparent by Saturday evening that besides Booth, two others also stood out enough in my mind, to claim slots: 6-4 NyLyssa Smith and 6-7 Sedona Prince both from Texas. Smith was amazing with her speed and aggressive play to the basket. She was easily the first player besides Booth who made the biggest, earliest impression."
Mike Flynn'
USA Basketball U17's - Picking The Perfect Team - Bluestar Media

Of the few clips I have seen of her athleticism and body control are outstanding- Like a taller Jewell Loyd. Smith's combination of handles, jumper, size and first step are good enough to create major match up problems on the perimeter.
Potentially top 5 in the class if she gets to a higher level of AAU competition.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was some discussion on her a couple of months ago. HG has her ranked as the #2 forward and #12 overall player. She's a 6'2" leaper who dunks at a young age.
That dunk was on a 9' rim, still very impressive, because it was before she got to HS. She has also grown 2 inches-Measuring 6'4" at USA basketball trials this summer.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This girl is an incredible player. In addition to everything already said, she has an very nice touch on her jumper. I have said in other threads that I think she is one of the best in the class and there is talk in Texas that she is a better player than Collier. Smith and Queen Egbo are on my wish list for this class.

Reaction Score
This girl is an incredible player. In addition to everything already said, she has an very nice touch on her jumper. I have said in other threads that I think she is one of the best in the class and there is talk in Texas that she is a better player than Collier. Smith and Queen Egbo are on my wish list for this class.
Living in Texas, feedback has been that she keeps getting better and has the commitment to learn as much as she can. Even at her current level of play, she appears to be a top 10 recruit. Her commitment to be the best may help any UConn efforts since player development has always been outstanding. That being said, don't minimize Baylor's efforts as well as up and coming Texas program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom