Naismith Trophy Watchlist | The Boneyard

Naismith Trophy Watchlist

Reaction Score
UConn places three on the 2023-24 Naismith Player of the Year Trophy Watchlist.

IMG_1983.jpeg

Full list here: 2023-24 Jersey Mike’s Naismith Women’s Player of the Year Watchlist | Naismith Awards

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
LSU has 4. I hope we have the opportunity to go head to head with them. They are a very good team, but so are we.

I’m not sure that Flau’jae should be there. She’s good, but I think even Mikaylah Williams will have a better season.

Reaction Score
MSSportsGuy is right! This is basically a farce! (My word) This list should be 10 or, at the most, 20! 50 turns it into a joke! There are at least 35-40 names on here who have 0 chance of winning this award!
On the other hand, suddenly I feel overwhelmed with guilt! Who am I to say who’s capable of being the best player? Why not just say anyone who plays women’s basketball? That would require a little more typing but then everyone could have their name on a list. It seems so unfair to leave anyone off. In fact, I’m starting to feel uneasy about all these lists! Aren’t we just othering all the people who probably would love to be on those lists?
However, it also occurs to me that perhaps no one should be on a list. I mean, were these people even consulted? Maybe they are uncomfortable about being singled out like this. It’s all so confusing! Perhaps they could give everyone a Naismith trophy?:rolleyes:
Seriously though, I think putting this many players, most of whom will not even sniff this trophy, cheapens the process and lessens the honor of being chosen as a legitimate contender for the award!

Reaction Score
When I click on URL above I get this:

Web server is returning an unknown error​

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky