Naismith Semifinalists Announced | The Boneyard

Naismith Semifinalists Announced

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
A preview of the All-American teams, perhaps?
upload_2018-2-26_10-8-5.png

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If you had to pick an "old school five" from that list who would they be?

Mine:

Lou
Mitchell
Durr
Ionescu
Wilson

Reaction Score
Has Kelsey Mitchell made her teammates better? Is Ohio St. a real threat to win the NC? No and no. I would take Kia Nurse and Napheesa Collier over Mitchell any day as players and teammates.

Reaction Score
The point is that the best the editors at ESPN can do is year-old posts? It kind of reflects on the committment ESPN has to WCBB. That same margin is usually filled with WNBA crap and unless Lobo is bragging about her kids or Antonelli is dropping names the WCBB news is nearly completely absent.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If Plum was still at UW she might be up to around 4500 career points now!

Reaction Score
The point is that the best the editors at ESPN can do is year-old posts? It kind of reflects on the committment ESPN has to WCBB. That same margin is usually filled with WNBA crap and unless Lobo is bragging about her kids or Antonelli is dropping names the WCBB news is nearly completely absent.
I agree it's pitiful relative to what we'd like to see. But at least ESPN actually does have a commitment to WBB. And it's way, way ,WAY ahead of any other national media organization's 'commitment', if there is such a thing. Thanks to ESPN every single game in the non-P5 (and pathetic) AAC tournament can be seen by anyone with an ESPN subscription. No one else comes close to that kind of commitment to WBB. I'm glad we have them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And Washington would be put on probation.

They need all the help they can get. 3 players had to retire medically, 2 more have been out w/ injuries all year, and 3 more have been injured recently. Notre Dame has nothing on UW's injury situation. Down to 7 players available, including 2 former walk ons.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you had to pick an "old school five" from that list who would they be?

Mine:

Lou
Mitchell
Durr
Ionescu
Wilson

Canada
Durr
Samuelson
Wilson
Brown

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They need all the help they can get. 3 players had to retire medically, 2 more have been out w/ injuries all year, and 3 more have been injured recently. Notre Dame has nothing on UW's injury situation. Down to 7 players available, including 2 former walk ons.
Can't get much worse than that. Thanks for the information. I believe they will be a lot stronger in two years. I like to watch them play. Their style of play is exciting to watch.

Reaction Score
I agree it's pitiful relative to what we'd like to see. But at least ESPN actually does have a commitment to WBB. And it's way, way ,WAY ahead of any other national media organization's 'commitment', if there is such a thing. Thanks to ESPN every single game in the non-P5 (and pathetic) AAC tournament can be seen by anyone with an ESPN subscription. No one else comes close to that kind of commitment to WBB. I'm glad we have them.
J66 I agree with you! Where would WCBB be without ESPN? Analog TV maybe,lol. Where are the other top stations? The other thing people complain about is the attention Uconn receives from ESPN. There were great teams before Uconn. USC, Texas, Stanford and Tennessee and helped the game grow! What Pat Summit did for WCBB back then was amazing! But the 95 Uconn team just opened up the door for people to take notice with the help of ESPN! Uconn just happened to be in the same state as ESPN.

Reaction Score
A preview of the All-American teams, perhaps?
View attachment 28919

I like her game but has Canada had an All American season? I've seen her play some pretty inconsistent ball this year including the game here against Seton Hall where she was outplayed by an SH bench player...........

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like her game but has Canada had an All American season? I've seen her play some pretty inconsistent ball this year including the game here against Seton Hall where she was outplayed by an SH bench player......
16 points per game and more than 7 assists per game. I don't know many point guards who are that strong at both assists and scoring.

Reaction Score
16 points per game and more than 7 assists per game. I don't know many point guards who are that strong at both assists and scoring.

very true...............I really enjoy watching her............she just seems to have taken a step back this season from what I have observed.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom