N.Y. Times: Clark vs. Bueckers | The Boneyard

N.Y. Times: Clark vs. Bueckers

Reaction Score
I have friends that know that I follow women's basketball calling me from around country asking what I think about this game. Stars are always good for the game.

Reaction Score

Interesting reading. Nothing new, but good publicity for the game.
"Clark says she watches Bueckers play often. She likely has a better feel for Bueckers than any other opposing player, and the same is true for Bueckers’s knowledge of Clark."
I thought about this several days ago, wondering if the information that each player has about the other might go into the game planning for tomorrow. It would be sort of interesting, for example, to ask Paige about tendencies Caitlin has (and vice versa). Don't know if such conversations happened or if they are advisable.
When Clark talks about going up against the best, I don't think she believes that Paige will guard her, certainly not very much. Way too exhausting for both to chase the other around all afternoon.
If Geno wants to pay special attention to Caitlin, he has a few options (Nika, Audrey), though I expect he will not focus that much on one player. UConn wins this game by having a good night scoring, not on shutting down Clark.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom