N.L. Day, DiMauro columns | The Boneyard

N.L. Day, DiMauro columns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.theday.com/article/20121120/SPORT01/311209961

http://www.theday.com/article/20121129/SPORT01/311299580

As much as a lot of you dislike DiMauro, after what has happened to the programs @ Storrs, you have to admit that he has hit a nerve. Kind of like the dentist drilling in your mouth type of nerve. With so much enthusiasm after the ND win a number of years ago, everyone was so giddy. Now, a few years later, the football program, and sadly the b-ball program are in down turns. I do say, "courage", it will be easier for the b-ball program to turn around. Simply give Ollie an extended contract and maybe 2 or 3 good recruits, and the the turnaround will happen quickly. The football program, on the other hand is a different story. It is clearly evident that UC needs a dynamic head coach, and PP IS NOT IT. They also need more talent. It's really disappointing to see that UC still cannot recruit in it's own back yard. When they are letting very good instate talent walk it does not bode well for football program. If UC wants to fancy itself as an up and coming football program, it better get it's S*** together, else, The Rent will be nothing more than another white elephant in East Hartford.

Say what you will about DiMauro..................he's a ND shill, he hates Calhoun, blah blah. As they say, the truth, such as it is, does hurt.

Reaction Score
Don't agree on talent though. A good coach takes this team 9-3, a great coach 10-2 or better. We were close in every game with incompetent coaching. I refuse to say these kids aren't good enough. Clearly, they were.

F

fortebleedsblue

The more I read and talk to people the more I realize this program is just done and it is not coming back. Every time Uconn is not invited to the ACC the school is PERCIEVED as less and less. Mid Major in sports and sub par academics... Perception is reality. We saw that with other non Uconn things this year.

pj

Reaction Score
Perception is ephemeral and quick to change, especially in a world where propaganda from self-interested media organizations is more abundant than news.

UConn needs to perform, on and off the field. The market is there, so we'll be attractive if we perform.

Reaction Score
The more I read and talk to people the more I realize this program is just done and it is not coming back. Every time Uconn is not invited to the ACC the school is PERCIEVED as less and less. Mid Major in sports and sub par academics... Perception is reality. We saw that with other non Uconn things this year.

I wish I could dislike every single one of your posts. We will come back once the AD grows a spine and makes a good hire.

Reaction Score
Who is your intended audience here? Do you think DiMauro is telling this community something we don't know already? Half of it makes sense. We here don't need to be reminded about he Notre Dame win.

The other half is illogical. The ACC doesn't like Calhoun? And that is why the didn't take UConn? That is EXACTLY wrong. He ACC took Louisville because the football schools wanted the better football program. That's a matter of record.

The ACC knows Calhoun is gone. The ACC also knows that Pitino f:;;(Ed a crazy woman in a restaurant. Please.

http://www.theday.com/article/20121120/SPORT01/311209961

http://www.theday.com/article/20121129/SPORT01/311299580

As much as a lot of you dislike DiMauro, after what has happened to the programs @ Storrs, you have to admit that he has hit a nerve. Kind of like the dentist drilling in your mouth type of nerve. With so much enthusiasm after the ND win a number of years ago, everyone was so giddy. Now, a few years later, the football program, and sadly the b-ball program are in down turns. I do say, "courage", it will be easier for the b-ball program to turn around. Simply give Ollie an extended contract and maybe 2 or 3 good recruits, and the the turnaround will happen quickly. The football program, on the other hand is a different story. It is clearly evident that UC needs a dynamic head coach, and PP IS NOT IT. They also need more talent. It's really disappointing to see that UC still cannot recruit in it's own back yard. When they are letting very good instate talent walk it does not bode well for football program. If UC wants to fancy itself as an up and coming football program, it better get it's S*** together, else, The Rent will be nothing more than another white elephant in East Hartford.

Say what you will about DiMauro..................he's a ND shill, he hates Calhoun, blah blah. As they say, the truth, such as it is, does hurt.

Reaction Score

put the gun down.

Reaction Score

Sub par academics - is this an APR reference?

Reaction Score
Sub par academics - is this an APR reference?

On the ESPN boards and other sites that have comments regarding Uconns academic standing, fans across the country HAMMER us as being a lousy school academically. Based on our rankings, it must be that these feelings originate from our recent APR situation. Either way, it most concerning because this how were are perceived across the country.

Reaction Score

Ridiculous. Put Don Brown in charge and we win at least 7 next year and start turning this around real fast. The guy is a winner and his resume proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom