Mystics @ Stars - 8/04/17 | The Boneyard

Mystics @ Stars - 8/04/17

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
19-14 @ 3:47 1st.

One of the obvious problems with the Stars is their almost stubborn refusal to trust each other with the shot/ball. Their best scorers are more than a bit selfish much of the time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Moriah: limited minutes; checked in halfway through 3rd, doesn't look right.

Reaction Score
Allison Hightower looks good. I wish she was still in CT.

One point game right now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I couldn't get this game tonight. It's blacked out in the Washington area (including on League Pass), despite the game being played in San Antonio and not being broadcast locally here. Anyone able to shed some light on why this happens? It's not the first time. Does some outlet buy the rights and just not do anything with them?

Reaction Score
I couldn't get this game tonight. It's blacked out in the Washington area (including on League Pass), despite the game being played in San Antonio and not being broadcast locally here. Anyone able to shed some light on why this happens? It's not the first time. Does some outlet buy the rights and just not do anything with them?
I think it's nutty and I've already contacted the league to express my displeasure. I have tons of sports channels and almost everything is blacked out every game. You would think they would want the exposure.

Reaction Score

By Washington, do you mean DC? It was broadcast locally by Monumental.

Reaction Score
To me it's disappointing to tune into a TV game and one of the two announcers is an employee of the home team!
Tonight's game had Ruth Riley, S.A.'s GM as the play-by-play. When you watch PHX Mercury games Ann Myers Drysdale the Mercury GM does the play-by-play! I personally like both Ann & Ruth but spring some bucks for a neutral voice!
I just think it's better coverage when one of the announcers aren't paid by the home team!
ESPN has two announcers that are ESPN employees and give an unbiased account of what's happening during the game!
Both Riley & Drysdale may go into the game as "neutral" but if one of their players are having a really poor game I can't see them commenting negatively on it!
I don't think there are other examples of this beyond the 2 I mention.

Reaction Score
Moriah only 16 min and 0 points. Plum is getting the minutes.
Izzy Harrison is a blast to watch. This whole Stars team are like little kids in a candy shop just happy to be playing. It's refreshing to see a team in the cellar with no chance playing like it's the first game of the year just about every game.

Reaction Score
Moriah only 16 min and 0 points. Plum is getting the minutes.
Izzy Harrison is a blast to watch. This whole Stars team are like little kids in a candy shop just happy to be playing. It's refreshing to see a team in the cellar with no chance playing like it's the first game of the year just about every game.
Moriah must be injured or ill. She got the ball at the end of the game. They clearly still value her.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
By Washington, do you mean DC? It was broadcast locally by Monumental.

Thanks, I've never heard of Monumental -- just checked and I don't get it (Montgomery County, fios).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Didn't SA start out the season 0-14? If so they are 5-7 since, not all that bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom