Myra Gordon | The Boneyard

Myra Gordon

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation has her ranked #28 in the class of 2020.

I recall the strong sentiment on the board for pursuing her after her sister committed to UConn but have seen nothing since.

What do you guys who follow the prospects think of her now? Is she worth a look?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The potential problems with sister acts are legion. But, let's face it: If Lexi breaks out this year we'll be clamoring for her sister, who has been predicted to have more upside/athleticism than our Lexi.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is just strictly my opinion with lots of wiggle room.

With the amount of talent UCONN is amassing, a player ranked #28 is LIKELY to be in the middle of the depth chart - ahead of players like Irwin, Bent, or her sister, but behind everyone else. It is unlikely she'd ever be a starter and possible she may never see significant PT in a meaningful game.

This is not to say she can't work her butt off, improve, and earn PT, but if you compare her to a player like Banks, who was ranked about 15 or so, and ended up leaving due to lack of perceived potential PT (similar to Michala Johnson), then it depends on what the player really wants out of a college experience and what she's willing to "settle" for if she comes to UCONN.

It is my understanding that Myra is quite a bit better than Lexi at similar ages, but it remains to be seen what kind of interest both sides have... Myra is a 5'11" guard. UCONN is very hot on the trails of Buekers and Van Lith - both who are substantially higher (Myra is #59 per HG). There is certainly room for guards, with none for the class of 2019 for UCONN, but I guess a lot depends on who else UCONN can get from 2020...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At the time many of us were clamoring for Myra she was a HS freshman PG with good size for that position and much upside. She came to UCONN with Lexi on her official visit which created a little more buzz. I believe it was @CoachBill that last gave us an update on Myra about a year ago including that she has moved to the wing position similar to her sister.
Realistically even at #28 a lot of players would have to say no to UCONN for Myra to get another look from UCONN IMO. BTW her rise in the rankings was what I almost what I predicted.

I remember checking with @CoachBill in the spring to see if Myra had moved off the PG position into more of SG/Wing position. The numbers (low assist, high rebounds) certainly makes it look that way. This might be an excellent move for Myra because her class is loaded with PGs. At her size & with PG skills she could make a dramatic jump in the class at wing/SG say below Sydney Parrish #7 and above Maddie Burke #16.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
At the time many of us were clamoring for Myra she was a HS freshman PG with good size for that position and much upside. She came to UCONN with Lexi on her official visit which created a little more buzz. I believe it was @CoachBill that last gave us an update on Myra about a year ago including that she has moved to the wing position similar to her sister.
Realistically even at #28 a lot of players would have to say no to UCONN for Myra to get another look from UCONN IMO. BTW her rise in the rankings was what I almost what I predicted.

How's the winter coat coming in Coco. Is it going to be better than any other Husky's? ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I thought she had a list of schools and UConn wasn’t one of them? Could be wrong.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I thought she had a list of schools and UConn wasn’t one of them? Could be wrong.
That's all correct.
" Myra, a three-star recruit whose parents played at TCU in the 1990s, averages 22 points. She has offers from Mississippi State -- which ended UConn's 111-game winning streak en route to a national runner-up finish last season -- as well as from nationally ranked Oklahoma State, TCU and Arizona State. Myra enjoyed being teammates with her sister for a year at L.D. Bell, but isn't looking to reunite at UConn.
"Right now I think I want to make my own name," she said.
Out of the shadows: These legacy D-FW girls basketball players are looking to make their own mark

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Thanks for all of the responses guys. Great knowledge base.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom