OT: My Wife Was Adopted By Her Mom Today | The Boneyard

OT: My Wife Was Adopted By Her Mom Today

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
UConn will be mentioned in this post. I don't think this happens often so I thought I would share. My wife's mom was raped when she was young and the baby was put up for adoption. This Feb. Lisa got the tests back from her DNA tests and an hour later she was contacted by her half sister she did not know she had. Same father not mother. She told her she knew who her mother was. After talking and facetime on the phone Lisa spent her birthday in April with her mother. Her mom did have her DNA tested also which they knew would be a perfect match. They have talked everyday since and Lisa has visited her down in Florida a few times. Her mom is up in Connecticut now for a month and even with more then 56 years apart they are so much alike in so many ways. If they made this into a made for tv movie no one would believe how amazing it is. Today its official because Lisa was adopted by her mom today and we get to celebrate by watching the UConn women on television tonight. Her mom lives close to Tampa so we will be staying at her house this April for the Final Four.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Okay. This is my "I got real misty" story for today. Wow! Just a great, sweet story. Finally her real mom, and relatives she was unaware of. And a new day to celebrate every year. Man, I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn will be mentioned in this post. I don't think this happens often so I thought I would share. My wife's mom was raped when she was young and the baby was put up for adoption. This Feb. Lisa got the tests back from her DNA tests and an hour later she was contacted by her half sister she did not know she had. Same father not mother. She told her she knew who her mother was. After talking and facetime on the phone Lisa spent her birthday in April with her mother. Her mom did have her DNA tested also which they knew would be a perfect match. They have talked everyday since and Lisa has visited her down in Florida a few times. Her mom is up in Connecticut now for a month and even with more then 56 years apart they are so much alike in so many ways. If they made this into a made for tv movie no one would believe how amazing it is. Today its official because Lisa was adopted by her mom today and we get to celebrate by watching the UConn women on television tonight. Her mom lives close to Tampa so we will be staying at her house this April for the Final Four.
Danny I expect your pictures but you didn't fail. The word picture you paint above is emotional and endearing and I feel so good for your mom. The world doesn't get better than this.

3 week ago I was contacted by a woman in Australia about us being related. We are. She is looking for her father, I'm not him. My brother was stationed there in 1943 and it's not him. She is much too young. I hope sincerely that she has the success your wife has found. Thank you for sharing this Danny Thank you Today I am sending her all the family data (abt 8gbytes) on my Irish side for her to use in her search, interesting coincident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom