My toes are still numb. | The Boneyard

My toes are still numb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I sit down to type, feet under the desk, socks wrapped, my toes are still numb. Everything else has come back. Not bad for a guy my age. For the real old timers I saw today? Best wishes. Hope you feel warm. Should have just doubled up on the wooly's in the boots and I'd be fine now.

I knew those Florida pansies wouldn't be able to take the weather. That was hitting weather today, as far as I'm concerned. Hitting weather. Much better to be playing on the field rather than in the stands, and I hope the guys enjoyed it.

I enjoyed watching it.

So, driving home. What a adventure that was, but made it. Unpacking all the from the truck into the basement. Wet leaves, slipping around, rain, felt like sleet for a little while Dark.

Goats blood still all over the place down there. Chickens didn't work last week. A cow I think, for Army next week. A side of beef? Great for steaks. Oh wait, never mind, no blood anywhere. Proverbial. For entertainment purposes only ----

But a drive home after a WIN!!! A duck__KING WIN!!!! Been a long time. Makes it all a bit easier.

Great effort by the guys. Protecting home field. And make no mistake, today's weather, was as much a defining factor, the greatest defining factor. THe ability to be mentally tough and compete, and execute when you're numb, frozen, wet, cold and hurting? We got it. That's UCONN football.

No pass for Diaco yet - because - F---king Tulane and USF. THERE IS A TON OF STUFF TO STILL FIX. CANT" LET THIS WIN INFLATE ANYTHING!!!

But we got home field advantage. Geography. Climate. We did it. We won. We need to maintain that at Rentschler and it starts, right now - TODAY.

Next week - we go to a place where the hoops guys, the guys that play indoors, have taking our Husky identity, peed on every corner lightpost, and hydrant - and MARKED OUR TERRITORY.

It's time for the football program to go to the same thing next week.

Great day. Love it. Thanks to all that were there.

P.S. My wife is going to be pissed when I get in bed later and these toes touch her feet.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Great game, thanks to all that stayed. I was impressed by those without rain gear staying for most of the game.
I was one of those idiots - didn't take me long to realize I had totally forgotten about the gortex rain suit I bought for Scotland golf trip. Would've been just a little better than the sweatpants and hoodie. Lesson learned

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I love any excuse to wear my rain suit. Husky blue head to toe. Also works at Gillette and Yankee Stadium, if necessary.

Reaction Score
You're not still numb? I plan on doing a 241 when I defrost, but don't expect that to be before tomorrow.

We've sat through colder wins, and we've sat through wetter wins, but I don't recall a combination of wind and cold anywhere near that. It's really only November 1? Damn.

But a win makes it all tolerable.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I haven't gotten out from under my blanket yet. But goddam if it wasn't worth it today. Just a great effort by the team.

Reaction Score
What was today's attendance? There were about 25 of us in section 223 for the victory formation at the end of the game. Got a win and two pounds of free rain that soaked into my extra hat and gloves.

Hoping for much better conditions for Army next week. See y'all on the Husky Express, Metro North style!

Reaction Score
In all seriousness. BLocking and tackling. It's getting there. Junior Joseph knocked himself out of a game trying to make a tackle early this season. Today, he stopped the ball on the 4th down.

Reaction Score
Horrible weather. Worst I've been at for a UConn game. Been to rainier and colder, but not that combination. Probably would have been better with rain gear which I didn't have. Win makes it all worth it, probably the best I've felt leaving the Rent since the Fiesta Bowl year.

Don't really get all the people leaving at halftime. I totally get not showing up at all with the weather and the quality of the team, but if you are enough of a diehard to show up I don't see how you leave at halftime with a lead in a close game against a good team. But a nice win, moved down to the front row of the chairbacks behind the UConn bench kind of cool to be that close.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I was one of those idiots - didn't take me long to realize I had totally forgotten about the gortex rain suit I bought for Scotland golf trip. Would've been just a little better than the sweatpants and hoodie. Lesson learned
I second that, instantly regretted not wearing mine

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You're not still numb? I plan on doing a 241 when I defrost, but don't expect that to be before tomorrow.

We've sat through colder wins, and we've sat through wetter wins, but I don't recall a combination of wind and cold anywhere near that. It's really only November 1? Damn.

But a win makes it all tolerable.

Suck it up. After today, 241's the rest of the way. Process bitch.

Reaction Score
Looked brutal on TV. Props to everyone who went. I did not go myself as I blew my ACL earlier in the week doing something a 40+ should not try on the pitch. Walking from the parking lot and then going down the stairs was simply not on my agenda this weekend. If I did go, no way would my kids (under 10) would have made it through.

Great win for the Huskies. One step forward.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had the poncho but made the wrong decision to leave the gloves in the car. I never fail to underestimate the 1st cold weather game of the season.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
stayed the whole time. thanks to @tduconn for the seats for me and my parents. great win.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I congratulate all of you hale and hearty fans who sat through the Hartford weather and were rewarded with a rare victory.

As for me, 550 miles to the west, merely a cold drizzle for the first time I watched a Pitt game at Heinz. They were free tix and my wife really wanted to go. And sitting there cold and wet through 2 OTs bought me major brownie points. Unfortunately Heinz ran out of hot chocolate after halftime and I couldn't get a flask past security... but every time the UConn score flashed on the scoreboard I felt a little warmer.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not having gloves and wearing my UConn Jacket over the rain shell was a bad move, but other than that I was okay. The rain pants kept my jeans completely dry. My toes were fine until I realized they were wet. Was in 139 all game, but thoroughly enjoyed trips to the restroom to warm up. Probably would have stayed there a bit longer if they had Joe D on the piped through like they used to.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Horrible weather. Worst I've been at for a UConn game. Been to rainier and colder, but not that combination. Probably would have been better with rain gear which I didn't have. Win makes it all worth it, probably the best I've felt leaving the Rent since the Fiesta Bowl year.

Don't really get all the people leaving at halftime. I totally get not showing up at all with the weather and the quality of the team, but if you are enough of a diehard to show up I don't see how you leave at halftime with a lead in a close game against a good team. But a nice win, moved down to the front row of the chairbacks behind the UConn bench kind of cool to be that close.
granted I gave up my seats and stood on the concourse... but to see people leave after 3 quarters?

I kept thinking... you made it this far.

standing on the concourse was only tolerable on the north side... with the wind to your back...

Reaction Score
Congrats to everyone that stayed for the game. you guys earn your iron husky badge. I got mine at the USF monsoon game. lol

Reaction Score
The .99 poncho proved invaluable. Great win. Saw one recruit (Richardson) staying in the rain til close to the end.

Reaction Score
Saw an old guy in the 3rd qtr wearing a pair of basketball shorts, a golf shirt and a Members only jacket(from the 80's) and Velcro sneakers TRYING to get warm in the men's room.
I honestly thought I'd see him getting carried out of there BEFORE he walked out.

Like others we stayed the whole game too. We moved to the concourse behind the UCONN bench. The men's room heater helped a lot.

Great win....on to Yankee Stadium !!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul