My Thoughts | The Boneyard

My Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know there's a million threads already but couldn't find a good place to include this so decided to brighten everyone's day by creating a new one. You're welcome.

1) Hamilton is our best player by 10000000 times. But I still don't like the fact that our ONLY offense was when we ran it through him. Would love to see opportunities open up for him off the ball.

2) Gibbs is not who I thought he was after the first couple games of the year. Good shooter, decent ball handler, poor defender, poor creator.

3) Brimah's offense has improved 0.00% since he stepped on campus. His only "offense" is to catch and finish alley-oops against bad opponents.

4) Purvis needs to play a full game. Didn't show up until there was about 4 minutes left, and he did the same thing against Gonzaga I believe. ALSO - WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH HIS FREE THROW SHOOTING? I've never seen anything like it for a guy that shoots a solid percentage from 3.

5) I like Miller. Attacks the hoop. Not a great low post scorer but is the only guy on the team that is close to an option to do that (I think Enoch will get there, but probably not this year).

6) Adams didn't play his best game, but I still really like it when he's on the court. In both this game and the Gonzaga game, he was out there instead of Gibbs when we made our biggest comeback.

7) Foul against Adams made me want to throw my TV out the window. What an atrocious call. Ollie needs to keep his cool a bit, but I don't blame him for the frustration.

Losses like these won't kill us, but puts all the more pressure on us to dominate the conference without any signature wins. Let's hope KO gets them back on track.

Reaction Score
Purvis needs to play a full game. Didn't show up until there was about 4 minutes left, and he did the same thing against Gonzaga I believe. ALSO - WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH HIS FREE THROW SHOOTING? I've never seen anything like it for a guy that shoots a solid percentage from 3.

With regard to his free throw shooting, Rodney has this troubling habit of taking the ball from his right hand and flipping it to his left before placing it back in his right hand. He obviously doesn't do this when he's taking jump shots, and his stroke looks much truer. I truly believe if he were to eliminate that step during his free throw routine, his % would go go up 20% or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom