My take on the last few days and other stuff | The Boneyard

My take on the last few days and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. It honestly had never occurred to me that we might lose to Syracuse. I just had that one mentally marked as a win like a cupcake game. Obviously, I was rudely awakened, and quite depressed, post game.
    Before the 'cuse debacle, I really wasn't too worried about either Gonzaga or TexA&M. I was kind of hoping A&M would beat the Zags, because I figured we'd be playing the winner for the title, and I thought that Gonzaga would be a tougher game than TA&M.
    I was kind of shell shocked to find us in the consolation round against the Zags, and after the shlit shlow we threw up against the orange, I wasn't at all confident of staying with the Few Crew. I just got more depressed as the game wore on. Until the comeback. They played so well late in the game, that I regained hope for the remainder of the season, despite the eventual loss.
  2. I know that Brimah and Miller are "the guys." Brimah's a great shot blocker, an improving rebounder, and a good foul shooter, while Miller's just a stud. Yet I found myself more engaged when Facey and/or Enoch was in the game. I hear that Enoch isn't getting minutes because he doesn't have a good grasp of our defensive schemes yet. Pardon me, but does that mean Brimah does? And Miller dominated against the Sisters of Mercy, but looked pretty ordinary against better bigs at Atlantis. Ordinary might be to generous a term, actually. I'd like to see Facey and Enoch both get more burn.
  3. This place has been a tough read the last couple days. Sure hope with string together a bunch of wins and send at least a few of the whiners back to their closets.

Reaction Score
  1. It honestly had never occurred to me that we might lose to Syracuse. I just had that one mentally marked as a win like a cupcake game. Obviously, I was rudely awakened, and quite depressed, post game.
    Before the 'cuse debacle, I really wasn't too worried about either Gonzaga or TexA&M. I was kind of hoping A&M would beat the Zags, because I figured we'd be playing the winner for the title, and I thought that Gonzaga would be a tougher game than TA&M.
    I was kind of shell shocked to find us in the consolation round against the Zags, and after the shlit shlow we threw up against the orange, I wasn't at all confident of staying with the Few Crew. I just got more depressed as the game wore on. Until the comeback. They played so well late in the game, that I regained hope for the remainder of the season, despite the eventual loss.
  2. I know that Brimah and Miller are "the guys." Brimah's a great shot blocker, an improving rebounder, and a good foul shooter, while Miller's just a stud. Yet I found myself more engaged when Facey and/or Enoch was in the game. I hear that Enoch isn't getting minutes because he doesn't have a good grasp of our defensive schemes yet. Pardon me, but does that mean Brimah does? And Miller dominated against the Sisters of Mercy, but looked pretty ordinary against better bigs at Atlantis. Ordinary might be to generous a term, actually. I'd like to see Facey and Enoch both get more burn.
  3. This place has been a tough read the last couple days. Sure hope with string together a bunch of wins and send at least a few of the whiners back to their closets.

But... um, Shonn Miller had a very good game against Sabonis, who is a very good player, so... I would not call what he did ordinary.

Reaction Score
We all hate Cuse I get that but that was a good game, both teams making shots. Forget they weren't ranked but it wasn't a debacle. A debacle would have been a 20 pt loss to the Zags which didn't happen either. We will be a good team. KO will not hesitate to sit Brimah now in favor of Facey or Enoch, I bet.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

People don't give anyone time to get going. It's bipolar. Miller and Brimah need at least the 1st half of the season to get in the flow. You don't just start ing around 6 games into the season. If Enoch looks lost in practice, you can be sure he'll get exposed with longer burn against good competition. Anyone can look good in short minutes off the bench (young Gavin Edwards). The rotation in the front court seems perfect to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom