My starting lineup for opening day 2021 | The Boneyard

My starting lineup for opening day 2021

Reaction Score
4 Tyrese Martin
11 Akok Akok
21 Adama Sanogo
44 Andre Jackson
1 RJ Cole or 0 Jalen Gaffney

What do you think of this lineup UConn family?

Reaction Score
Andy Samberg No GIF by The Lonely Island

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Jackson is our starting 2 next year, it's hard to believe we're going anywhere.

Assuming IW does not come back and everyone is healthy, Sanogo, Akok, Martin, Gaffney and Cole.
If Whaley did come back who would you bump from that line up? Assuming Akok is healthy.

Reaction Score
Jackson can not be starting at the 2. If his jumper has improved enough for that great. I'll eat my words.

Love what he can do with the ball. Passing wise, phenomenal. But if you watch closely Unless he has a clear path to the rim he had no intention of heading that way. He wasn't dribbling with the goal of going to the rim. Slasher got to slash. He's going to get better but he needs time and has to be a gym rat. Athletism alone won't cut it at this level.

Either we go big with Martin at the 2. Or small with Gaff paired with Cole.

Reaction Score
If Whaley did come back who would you bump from that line up? Assuming Akok is healthy.

Truthfully, in that scenario I wouldn't be bumping any of them. Depending on match ups, hot hands and foul trouble, the plan going in to each game is there's a 3 man rotation at the 4 and 5 and they all play two thirds of a game. In that scenario, couldn't care less which two are on the court for the opening tip.

Sanogo will start because you can't move him to the bench and keep him happy. Whalley was a better two way player last year than Akok was before he gets hurt, but who knows if Akok will be better offensively now even if he's back to his old athleticism.

Reaction Score
that projected starting lineup in a nutshell...

sanogo and only 1 of aj/martin/akok should be in the lineup together as there's not even a 35% 3 point shooter among them, never mind all 4 starting!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo
Akok
Martin
Hawkins
Cole

If Gaffney puts on 10 lbs of muscle then him over Hawkins. If Whaley comes back potentially start him over Akok.

Reaction Score
I think if Diggins has a consistent shot and can break down defenses he could be in for AJ.

Reaction Score
If Jackson is starting at any position we’re in for a rough season. Realistically, we need to hope 2 of the 3 incoming freshman are good enough to start. I anticipate Hurley will add 1 or 2 grad transfers since we’ve got 3 open scholarships.

Reaction Score
If Jackson is starting at any position we’re in for a rough season. Realistically, we need to hope 2 of the 3 incoming freshman are good enough to start. I anticipate Hurley will add 1 or 2 grad transfers since we’ve got 3 open scholarships.
Jackson has the most talent and upside of anyone on tbr current team. Players improve.

Reaction Score
There's definitely a post out there like this! Post a couple days ago

Reaction Score
Jackson has the most talent and upside of anyone on tbr current team. Players improve.
I hope AJax does improve but upside and athleticism vs being a good basketball player who can make shots are not the same. Players who can dribble and put pressure on the D vs floating on the outside please apply to Dan Hurley at Gampel Pavilion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom