My sons observations from last night | The Boneyard

My sons observations from last night

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Jackson is getting better every game. He’s kinda turning into the point guard.

Funny looking shot from 3. Glad it dropped. Instead of pointing his palm to the sky he kind starts the shot below his chin.

He’s a gifted passer. It’s got a nice handle, but for a guy with Super jumping powers, muscles, and the ball often, how come he never puts his head down and attacks the rim like Tyrese?

He seams to survey the floor, then slow up, pull back and look for a good pass. I agree, he needs to slash forward through some contact every so often, could be a huge addition to his game. Just needs the confidence to do so.

Thoughts of a 9 year old. Maybe we should have live podcasted them. Hmmmmmm.

4E042835-6037-48BA-8069-57AAC2C351AB.jpeg

Reaction Score
I agree it is very strange he rarely goes to the rim, hopefully he adds that dimension as it’s clear he’s improving and getting more comfortable out there.

Reaction Score
Very astute observations. I tend to trust non-expert opinions more than those of the basketball intelligentsia we sometimes see on this page. I hear about Jackson's athletic ability all day, but it doesn't seem to translate on the court offensively. I can hear the cries now "but his rebounding!". He does deserve to start in my opinion, but like your son, I was led to believe that he was more of an offensive threat than he is.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
When he grabs rebounds he is out of traffic in a hurry and is on his way down court. Normally he passes off just past the three point line. He does this a lot. I agree he does survey the court. He does have a good handle. You can see him survey the court on his way down, and many times he takes it to the rim. A coast to coast if you say.

Reaction Score
I agree it is very strange he rarely goes to the rim, hopefully he adds that dimension as it’s clear he’s improving and getting more comfortable out there.
He fouled out of a mess of games his freshman year. That's still a possibility & foul trouble will always be an issue for Andre in college the way he plays defense & who he is assigned to guard. Arguably his defense will always be more important or at least equal to his offense. So he doesn't have the luxury of experimenting, trial & error on offense. That means his indiv scoring offense will develop more slowly, which is perfectly fine especially if we want to see the fully realized basketball game of Andre Jackson in a UConn uni.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When he grabs rebounds he is out of traffic in a hurry and is on his way down court. Normally he passes off just past the three point line. He does this a lot. I agree he does survey the court. He does have a good handle. You can see him survey the court on his way down, and many times he takes it to the rim. A coast to coast if you say.

That's the asset when he grabs the defensive rebound. He doesn't need to look for a guard to outlet the ball to start transition offense, he gets that done himself.

Reaction Score
Jackson is getting better every game. He’s kinda turning into the point guard.

Funny looking shot from 3. Glad it dropped. Instead of pointing his palm to the sky he kind starts the shot below his chin.

He’s a gifted passer. It’s got a nice handle, but for a guy with Super jumping powers, muscles, and the ball often, how come he never puts his head down and attacks the rim like Tyrese?

He seams to survey the floor, then slow up, pull back and look for a good pass. I agree, he needs to slash forward through some contact every so often, could be a huge addition to his game. Just needs the confidence to do so.

Thoughts of a 9 year old. Maybe we should have live podcasted them. Hmmmmmm.

View attachment 72005
Good observations. Youre raising him well. It drives me absolutely nuts when Ajax slows up. He didnt slow up against Marq and had an easy lay in but then didnt do it again for the rest of the game. When he understands that he can basically be unstoppable getting in those lanes and getting to the basket he will dominate the college level. Maybe hes afraid his handle isnt good enough and he`ll turn the ball over.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Smart mom - had a long conversation with her at Atlantis.
Can’t take credit for that one, Kathy. Wish we went to Atlantis!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good observations by your son. I'm wondering if he's watched all of AJax's games though, because to me, the obvious explanation for his improvement the last couple of games can be summed up simply in two words: man bun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom