Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very good win.

Defense:
  • Run D was superb
  • Tackling was superb
  • Got more pressure today
  • We played off the receivers more than I would have liked, but it didn't kill us so I won't complain too much.
  • Red zone D was stout
  • Cincy helped us out with some key drops
  • Huge pick by Obi
Offense:
  • Good mix of play calling
  • BS still locking on to Thomas at times
  • BS needs better touch on short balls
  • The two picks were balls he should have thrown away
  • Much better blocking - both run and pass, which could be because of the mix of play calling - passed to set up the run
  • BS still running more than I would like him to, but was effective today - loved his dive for a needed first down - kid has heart
  • Still don't have it humming like I think it will with more reps, but I think they have finally figured out who we are and who we are not.

Reaction Score
I thought from the 2nd quarter on this was as good a game as we've played in a long time. We are not a great team but we are not as bad as we've looked until today. Sometimes the switch just flips and teams make major strides. I thought USF did that against us last year. They looked like a different team in the 2nd half. And looked much improved the rest of the way. Maybe that happened to us today.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Ditto. Good read.
BS seems to always throw outside, even as receivers are on in route. If he leads them inside, this game is wide open.
Otherwise, totally agree. He is a hard-nosed kid with heart. Loved the pass plays on long third downs.

Reaction Score
Ditto. Good read.
BS seems to always throw outside, even as receivers are on in route. If he leads them inside, this game is wide open.
Otherwise, totally agree. He is a hard-nosed kid with heart. Loved the pass plays on long third downs.

Agreed - there were a number of times when he could have "thrown the receiver open"...but given his arm, overall not a bad effort. Let's hope as we develop this offense that we recruit guys with better deep arms.

Reaction Score
Very good win.

Defense:
  • Run D was superb
  • Tackling was superb
  • Got more pressure today
  • We played off the receivers more than I would have liked, but it didn't kill us so I won't complain too much.
  • Red zone D was stout
  • Cincy helped us out with some key drops
  • Huge pick by Obi
Offense:
  • Good mix of play calling
  • BS still locking on to Thomas at times
  • BS needs better touch on short balls
  • The two picks were balls he should have thrown away
  • Much better blocking - both run and pass, which could be because of the mix of play calling - passed to set up the run
  • BS still running more than I would like him to, but was effective today - loved his dive for a needed first down - kid has heart
  • Still don't have it humming like I think it will with more reps, but I think they have finally figured out who we are and who we are not.
Good summary. I'm still unhappy with the space we give receivers. The only reason it didn't kill us yesterday is that they had receivers dropping the ball or theGB overthrew his target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom