My prediction | The Boneyard

My prediction

Reaction Score
Notre Dame will lose either their game against Miami or Stanford or both.

In doing so, they might still get a BCS game with two losses, but definitely not a play in BCS game for a shot a the national championship game.

I really believe that the worst case scenario will happen this year, Notre will finally realize that the path to a national championship lies in being in the ACC. This Notre Dame team is better than the top of the ACC right now.

If they end up watching the the championship game on TV, I predict that they will accept an ACC invitation to play in the Coastal division, and Uconn will be a 2019 invite top join the ACC Atlantic division.

Print it.

B1GEAST

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don’t see us as the first pick in the very unlikely scenario it plays out that way. They have already thrown geographic and academic pretense so look for Memphis or Houston to get the nod. We’re probably 5th behind Cincy and Temple.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don’t see us as the first pick in the very unlikely scenario it plays out that way. They have already thrown geographic and academic pretense so look for Memphis or Houston to get the nod. We’re probably 5th behind Cincy and Temple.
UNC and Virginia have the leverage now that they have a GOR. FSU and Clemson can't up and leave now. UConn will be the first pick because UNC, Duke, and Virginia say so. Sure, there will be a vote, but they have the leverage now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Notre Dame will lose either their game against Miami or Stanford or both.

In doing so, they might still get a BCS game with two losses, but definitely not a play in BCS game for a shot a the national championship game.

I really believe that the worst case scenario will happen this year, Notre will finally realize that the path to a national championship lies in being in the ACC. This Notre Dame team is better than the top of the ACC right now.

If they end up watching the the championship game on TV, I predict that they will accept an ACC invitation to play in the Coastal division, and Uconn will be a 2019 invite top join the ACC Atlantic division.

Print it.

B1GEAST

If you wanted an outcome that would have Notre Dame consider joining a conference you’d need to start with them WINNING their last two games.

You need them to win both of their games, and for Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Clemson to win out. This assumes the SEC champ is 13-0.

They could get left out at 11-1 at that point. Anything else and they have 2 losses or get in.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If you wanted an outcome that would have Notre Dame consider joining a conference you’d need to start with them WINNING their last two games.

You need them to win both of their games, and for Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Clemson to win out. This assumes the SEC champ is 13-0.

They could get left out at 11-1 at that point. Anything else and they have 2 losses or get in.
A scenario where ND goes 11-1 or 12-0 in the future and is out is the only way they join a conference.

Reaction Score
Here's what I hope for:
1. Alabama 13-0 SEC Champ
2. Wisconsin 13-o Big Ten Champ
3. Clemson 12-1 ACC Champ
4. Georgia 12-1, lost to Alabama in title game after holding down #1 ranking in CFP
5. Notre Dame 11-1 No title game, lost to Georgia

I think that's the best scenario to push ND to the ACC. A season where their only loss is to a CFP and are otherwise undefeated while beating teams like Michigan State, USC, NC State, Miami, Navy, Stanford. Hopefully that brings them to their senses.

Reaction Score
It’s still about TV ratings. Cinci doesn’t give you Ohio, Houston doesn’t give you Texas, Memphis doesn’t give you Tenn. All of these schools have poor academics.

Reaction Score
It's most likely going to be WVU to the ACC when the Big 12 folds. They have the history, big stadium and TV appeal.

USF is possible with the Tampa market and pro stadium. Losing Maryland makes Temple a possibility for the ACC with the Philadelphia market. I don't see the ACC going out of their region, so no shot for Houston.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's most likely going to be WVU to the ACC when the Big 12 folds. They have the history, big stadium and TV appeal.

USF is possible with the Tampa market and pro stadium. Losing Maryland makes Temple a possibility for the ACC with the Philadelphia market. I don't see the ACC going out of their region, so no shot for Houston.

We have much better BC trolls on this board than you. They at least try to disguise it every now and again. Your act is pretty old.

WVU to the ACC...okay dude...

Reaction Score
Here's what I hope for:
1. Alabama 13-0 SEC Champ
2. Wisconsin 13-o Big Ten Champ
3. Clemson 12-1 ACC Champ
4. Georgia 12-1, lost to Alabama in title game after holding down #1 ranking in CFP
5. Notre Dame 11-1 No title game, lost to Georgia

I think that's the best scenario to push ND to the ACC. A season where their only loss is to a CFP and are otherwise undefeated while beating teams like Michigan State, USC, NC State, Miami, Navy, Stanford. Hopefully that brings them to their senses.
Praying that ND squeaks by everyone and they push them out.... dont see it realistically happening though

Reaction Score
UConn is a flagship state school and a land grant school, it has 21 or 22 National Championships in various sports under it's belt in recent years, and it's academics are outstanding, and the ACC gets a lock on the NYC tv market and Northeast corridor from NYC through Fairfield, New Haven and Hartford Counties and up to Boston. Rutgers becomes a lonely outpost for the B10. Memphis, Houston, Cincy and Temple can't even begin to match all that. Plus, adding UCONN helps prop up BC's failing basketball programs, and all the old Big East rivalries with Cuse, BC, and Pitt are renewed. Geographically UCONN makes sense as well, as Houston, Cincinnati, and Memphis aren't anywhere near the Atlantic coast, Lol. Also there's no guarantee that Notre Dame would accept an invite to the ACC in football if they get screwed and don't make the playoffs. They might just keep their independence and wait until the playoffs go to 8 or 16 teams.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
99% of Boneyard threads: our basketball team sucks, the coach needs to be fired, football is a dumpster fire, drop the program, move to the Big East.

1% of threads that are CR related: We're a shoo in!

My thought is that the ACC would take Cincinnati or West Virginia. As we've seen before GOR are meant to be broken.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
99% of Boneyard threads: our basketball team sucks, the coach needs to be fired, football is a dumpster fire, drop the program, move to the Big East.

1% of threads that are CR related: We're a shoo in!

My thought is that the ACC would take Cincinnati or West Virginia. As we've seen before GOR are meant to be broken.

Notre Damn isn’t joining a league and no one is expanding.

Ya know the other 1% of the threads that point out how the networks that fund this have financial challenges.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Notre Damn isn’t joining a league and no one is expanding.

Ya know the other 1% of the threads that point out how the networks that fund this have financial challenges.

Notre Dame joining a league is fantasy. I don't need @TerryD to tell me that maintaining independence is vastly more important to them than finishing 11-1 and maybe missing a playoff.

I've basically accepted that the American is the end game. The names aren't exciting, but if UConn had a half team decent in either hoops or football, I think I could live with it. Right now though, the football product combined with the league just makes it unwatchable. I think I watched maybe 45 minutes Saturday.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Notre Dame joining a league is fantasy. I don't need @TerryD to tell me that maintaining independence is vastly more important to them than finishing 11-1 and maybe missing a playoff.

I've basically accepted that the American is the end game. The names aren't exciting, but if UConn had a half team decent in either hoops or football, I think I could live with it. Right now though, the football product combined with the league just makes it unwatchable. I think I watched maybe 45 minutes Saturday.
I agree that while names on the other sideline don’t mean as much, the poor performance by our teams the last few years has really strangled my enthusiasm more than anything else. What’s worse than playing ECU? Losing to them in both football and basketball. If we were still winning consistently the casual fan who knows nothing about CR would probably barely notice the conference change.

Reaction Score
The BCS selection committee has put a strong emphasis on conference winners.

Add that revenue generated by national championships increase general merchandise sales by about 18 percent and Notre Dame might want to reconsider its independence.

This current Notre Dame team might be good enough to win a national championship, too bad it won't get the chance, that's good for us.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The BCS selection committee has put a strong emphasis on conference winners.

Add that revenue generated by national championships increase general merchandise sales by about 18 percent and Notre Dame might want to reconsider its independence.

This current Notre Dame team might be good enough to win a national championship, too bad it won't get the chance, that's good for us.
BCS selection committee??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom