My perspective on the Hire... | The Boneyard

My perspective on the Hire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. New Coach B.D. has brought national spotlight to a non B1G 5 football program.
2. Warde Manual's new hire has re-energised the fan base.
3. UConn recruiting will get a shot in the arm with this hire as recruits doors will open more easily.
4. Ticket sales for the RENT just became more appetizing due to the excitement of the hire. When (Not if) HCBD delivers a winning season accompanied by a bowl invitation next year, season tickets for the next 3-year cycle that starts in 2015 will increase dramatically. It may even hasten the expansion of the RENT within the next 5 years.
5. Prospects for an invitation in the future to the B1G (preferably), ACC, o r BIG12 have gone from stone cold to warm in the last 24 hours.
6. I can now get on with my holiday shopping. I don't need much myself as Santa Warde delivered early.:cool:

EDIT: Now that Warde's done his work, Should I still make a post from the coachcap Santa Bag? Are we good, or are you greedy?:D

Reaction Score
Pretty much the most succinct read on the situation that I have read here.

We just bought all the Bob Diaco stock. Honestly, I knew very little about him 48 hrs ago. But I am kind of glad Narduzzi turned us down because the more I learn about him the more I like him.

I like that he is kind of eccentric. Most of the true geniuses at this level have a bit of eccentricity.

He seems to have a killer instinct. UConn needs that badly.

I have a hunch that he is smart enough to put a first rate offensive coaching staff together.

Based on what I know, UConn now has the right coach, at the right time. He gives us a little bit of a splash and I feel confident that he can deliver.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I agree with most of the OPs comments.

It will be interesting to see how UConn fans like his defense. He seems more similar to an RE defense than Don Brown defense. I think it is the right D for UConn....but it won't be as sexy as Brown's.

We will see who he hires for DC and OC...but at this point I would rather have Diaco and his approach than Addazio/Brown and their approach.

Reaction Score
Diaco certainly satisfies the "splash hire" that many were requesting. He's going to be learning on the job when it comes to being a head coach, but that's the risk you take when you hire an assistant.

One concern was the mention that Diaco values "size" in defensive players. Sounds a little bit like "prototypes" . . .

At the end of the day, there's quite a bit to like about it --

1) He's young
2) His "big time program" credentials are there
3) He has re-energized the fanbase
4) He appears to be a strong recruiter
5) He looks like a micro-manager -- most successful high-level head coaches are . . .

Reaction Score
Great job by Warde. Glad to see he is getting some credit finally.

I still wonder if Narduzzi "turning us down" is really just him saving face when he realized Diaco was WM's guy. Just doesn't make sense to me that WM would be able to grab Diaco and have an agreement in place just hours after being turned down by Narduzzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom