26 Justin Andersen SF
27 Sam Decker SF
28 Jamall Warney PF
29 Ryan Boatright PG
30 Trey Lyles PF

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's not getting drafted unless he absolutely destroys it 2nd half of season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but if there's no post season (not NIT), Boat's value is diminished due to his size. Do you honestly think Bazz would have gone if not for the NC?

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but if there's no post season (not NIT), Boat's value is diminished due to his size. Do you honestly think Bazz would have gone if not for the NC?

The NC certainly helped. But Bazz was also an elite shooter at the college level and I'm sure is an inch or so taller than Boatright.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can't take this seriously when Tyler Harvey is 2 picks away from the lottery and Jameel Warney is a first rounder.

Reaction Score
I'd take Ulis before Boat and I hate Kentucky.
Ulis over Boat? Ulis is a really good college player but he makes Boat look tall and Boat is a far better athlete.

Reaction Score
I can't take this seriously when Tyler Harvey is 2 picks away from the lottery and Jameel Warney is a first rounder.
Or Kris Dunn going 14, but yea Jameel Warney would not get drafted if there was 4 rounds let a lone in the 1st.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Or Kris Dunn going 14, but yea Jameel Warney would not get drafted if there was 4 rounds let a lone in the 1st.

Agreed. That's not to say I don't like the guy. It's great to see a kid putting up great numbers for a small school in the Northeast, but he has so much stacked against him as far as making it in the league. He'll probably have a very good 10-15 year career in Europe when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Boatright doesn't have a realistic shot at the 1st round. He's maybe 6'0" tall, with shoes on. He has been very productive across the stat line this year and has good athleticism for a PG. I think mid to late 2nd round is a possibility if he plays well the rest of the season. As a Celtics fan, I've had to watch Phil Pressey play PG for extended minutes. If he can hold a spot on an NBA roster then Boatright can make a team.

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier proves himself the most valuable player in D1 last year by leading his team to the championship and only goes in the mid-20's AND possibly only b/c LeBron endorsed him (Miami isn't trading to pick him absent that endorsement).

Yes the current UConn supporting cast is nowhere near as good, but NBA types don't focus on that. Groupthink will dictate that if Ryan Boatright can't lead his team to the NCAAs he is not an NBA player. Hopefully he gets an invite to camps and impresses, but I think unless UConn becomes a sweet-sixteen team Boatright is a long shot to make the first round. Ollie getting someone's ear and convincing teams on his behalf is RB's best chance for 2nd round.

Reaction Score
Just curious... With all of our attention heavily focused on recruiting as of late, other than Okafor and Oubre, were we in on many of the guys on the list?

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier proves himself the most valuable player in D1 last year by leading his team to the championship and only goes in the mid-20's AND possibly only b/c LeBron endorsed him (Miami isn't trading to pick him absent that endorsement).

Yes the current UConn supporting cast is nowhere near as good, but NBA types don't focus on that. Groupthink will dictate that if Ryan Boatright can't lead his team to the NCAAs he is not an NBA player. Hopefully he gets an invite to camps and impresses, but I think unless UConn becomes a sweet-sixteen team Boatright is a long shot to make the first round. Ollie getting someone's ear and convincing teams on his behalf is RB's best chance for 2nd round.
I agree you would have to be a UConn fan to believe his chances are high on getting drafted in the 1st round, he may even struggle in round 2. Hopefully there is a team needing a very good guard.

I ask what does Nate 'the great' Robinson have that Boat doesn't? To me he is Boat's model for NBA success and longevity.

btw: Nate listed @ 5' 9" and Boat @ 5'10" (but I suspect they are the same size)

Reaction Score
Where do you guys see our other prospects being drafted if they went in this year, or their senior year? (Purvis, Brimah, Hamilton)

Reaction Score
Where do you guys see our other prospects being drafted if they went in this year, or their senior year? (Purvis, Brimah, Hamilton)
Purvis wouldnt be drafted this year, and needs to have a really good year if he's to crack the first round next year because he's a bit undersized for the two and doesnt have great handle. If Brimah chose to go out this year which im 99% sure he wont, he could possibly go late first to a team willing to take a flyer on potential and it being a weak draft. Hamilton im not sure but i know next year if he lives up to expectaions he could be a top 10 pick for sure

Reaction Score
Kris Dunn is a BIG athletic PG who reminds me a lot of Reggie Jackson. Kris Dunn is a lock top 20 pick but Im thinking the way hes improving hes going later lottery.

Im sure you remember Tyler Harvey from last year but hes improved--I saw him twice early in the year and hes impressive--he reminds me a lot of Steph Curry. He's the best volume 3 pt shooter and he plays 1.5 a position that is becoming more popular in the NBA. He's shifty quick and a fair athlete who has a nice handle and plays the right way.

Jameel Warney probably wont come out--but I put him 28--it seems the number 28 or 29 have had 2nd rounders pulled into rd 1 for chemistry fit. The great play of Drey Green made me think of Warney and whiles hes NOT the 3-4 Green is--he's a chemistry player from the 4 position who is a good passer/defender/rebounder and just knows how to play.

Boatright has a lot of NBA qualities as a second unit PG. He has shake he has elite athleticism. He can shoot pass rebound and defend. Nate Robinson was taken 29th 8 years ago and I see a team--IF Ryan can keep it up--get healthy and absolutely rip apart the singular workouts(because you know he will--hes probably got a 42- 44 inch vertical) Ryan's taller than Nate--hes a game dunker when healthy--meaning he can rip it down in the context of play--hes a great on ball defender--hes just got a lot to offer. If he was 6-3 hed be a top 5 pick.

And the GM who picks Frank Kaminsky over Myles Turner will likely be saving his own job,

Reaction Score
Kris Dunn is a BIG athletic PG who reminds me a lot of Reggie Jackson. Kris Dunn is a lock top 20 pick but Im thinking the way hes improving hes going later lottery.

Im sure you remember Tyler Harvey from last year but hes improved--I saw him twice early in the year and hes impressive--he reminds me a lot of Steph Curry. He's the best volume 3 pt shooter and he plays 1.5 a position that is becoming more popular in the NBA. He's shifty quick and a fair athlete who has a nice handle and plays the right way.

Jameel Warney probably wont come out--but I put him 28--it seems the number 28 or 29 have had 2nd rounders pulled into rd 1 for chemistry fit. The great play of Drey Green made me think of Warney and whiles hes NOT the 3-4 Green is--he's a chemistry player from the 4 position who is a good passer/defender/rebounder and just knows how to play.

Boatright has a lot of NBA qualities as a second unit PG. He has shake he has elite athleticism. He can shoot pass rebound and defend. Nate Robinson was taken 29th 8 years ago and I see a team--IF Ryan can keep it up--get healthy and absolutely rip apart the singular workouts(because you know he will--hes probably got a 42- 44 inch vertical) Ryan's taller than Nate--hes a game dunker when healthy--meaning he can rip it down in the context of play--hes a great on ball defender--hes just got a lot to offer. If he was 6-3 hed be a top 5 pick.

And the GM who picks Frank Kaminsky over Myles Turner will likely be saving his own job,
I have not seen Dunn mocked in the first round of any 2016 draft let alone 2015. You seem to forget about international players, like Muniday who will go in the top 5 or Heznoja who is a top 10 pick.

Warney is not getting draft, that is not up for debate.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Tyler Harvey - Eastern duck*ing Washington (Big Sky)
Jameel Warney - Stony Brook (America East)

Nah.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My mock 2015 first-round draft is as follows:
1. Boatright
2. Hamilton
3. Purvis
4. Calhoun
5. Brimah
6. Samuel
7. Facey
8. Nolan
9. Cassell Jr
10. Lubin
11. Lenehan
12. Amilo
13. Guest
14. Ditimi
15. Lewis
16. Boatright again
17. Me
18. My cat Charlie
19. My cat Borris (Charlie has more length and athleticism.)
20. Brendan Allen
21. McBride - gotta pay for the Mrs Butterworth's somehow
22. Hamilton's discarded Pez dispenser
23. Dwayne "hey hey hey" Nelson
24. Lamont Sanford
25. Warren Coolidge
26. Morris Thorpe
27. James Hayward
28. Abner Goldstein
29. Mario "Salami" Pettrino
30. Milton Reese

My long and tedious point is that it's enjoyable enough to make your own mock draft, but it doesn't impact reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom