My only prediction ever | The Boneyard

My only prediction ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Losing a starting PG, leading scorer and a key front court performer now gives him a pass for the whole season.

The fact that the season was a disaster two games in to it before anyone got hurt will be glossed over.
Not by us. We lived it. Second by second, play after play, possession after disastrous possession. Expectation to exceed last season dashed in one game, then two. Definitely no pass for our poor start. But I refuse to be anything but optimistic. KO needs to improve and he will. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Reaction Score
Losing a starting PG, leading scorer and a key front court performer now gives him a pass for the whole season.

The fact that the season was a disaster two games in to it before anyone got hurt will be glossed over.

On that note yes Ollie got very lucky. Doesn't just give him an excuse but the entire team in general. Hopefully the lessening of expectations will loosen them up and do exactly what the OP is predicting

Reaction Score
cannot believe what I read on this board anymore. Some of you people act like UConn is the only team to suffer boneheaded losses. Indiana, ranked 3 lost to IPFW. Florida a year or two ago had terrible losses left and right and their team was extremely talented. Texas and Georgetown who are talented have had a poor start, with GTown losing to Arkansas State (I believe). Washington (with Fultz and other great freshmen) lost to Yale (who we lost to). LSU got blown off the court by 30+ and they are very talented.

Kentucky with their super class a few years ago were terrible. also not to mention Vanderbilt last season!

Everyone needs to get it together because everyone has these years, and considering Kevin is in the early years of his coaching career RELAX!!!! We have a super young team and now it's gone worse considering we lost 2 absolute studs on the team. Stop scapegoating Kevin Ollie. This is a team that will play for pride this season from here on out. Right now, ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW, EVERYONE (players and KEVIN OLLIE, COACHES) need our support!

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not by us. We lived it. Second by second, play after play, possession after disastrous possession. Expectation to exceed last season dashed in one game, then two. Definitely no pass for our poor start. But I refuse to be anything but optimistic. KO needs to improve and he will. Happy Thanksgiving all!

The national media will run with the story and the local fans who know what was happening will be portrayed as heartless balloon knots.

I'm okay with being called a heartless balloon knot

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Really love the cheerleader posts, they are adorable because no one is gonna hunt you down at the end of the season to hang you for this type of prediction.

Reaction Score
Uconn turns it around this year, Makes tournament, loses in 2nd round again, Ollie gets lots of credit for great coaching.
Disagree, at least half of this fan base will never credit Ollie with anything. Including the national championship in 2014

But other than that, nothing has changed for me. Still firmly believe this team can win a game or 2 in March

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Sorry we can't all be angry and negative.
How the fan base feels at any given moment is a big factor in what decisions the athletic department makes. All this fake optimism only makes real change harder.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
How the fan base feels at any given moment is a big factor in what decisions the athletic department makes. All this fake optimism only makes real change harder.

I don't think we Boneyarders have that kind of pull.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Uconn turns it around this year, Makes tournament, loses in 2nd round again, Ollie gets lots of credit for great coaching.
You Maine-iac!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When you lose arguably the 3 best players off a team and have a team made up of marginal at best upperclass and the rest are untested youth and you expected to exceed last season and gauge the results after 2 games.........................ok

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's why they decided to give Diaco the $5million buyout - the fanbase felt it .............. got it

Reaction Score
cannot believe what I read on this board anymore. Some of you people act like UConn is the only team to suffer boneheaded losses. Indiana, ranked 3 lost to IPFW. Florida a year or two ago had terrible losses left and right and their team was extremely talented. Texas and Georgetown who are talented have had a poor start, with GTown losing to Arkansas State (I believe). Washington (with Fultz and other great freshmen) lost to Yale (who we lost to). LSU got blown off the court by 30+ and they are very talented.

Kentucky with their super class a few years ago were terrible. also not to mention Vanderbilt last season!

Everyone needs to get it together because everyone has these years, and considering Kevin is in the early years of his coaching career RELAX!!!! We have a super young team and now it's gone worse considering we lost 2 absolute studs on the team. Stop scapegoating Kevin Ollie. This is a team that will play for pride this season from here on out. Right now, ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW, EVERYONE (players and KEVIN OLLIE, COACHES) need our support!
Stick it...this is bitch fest and we don't need any enlightenment based on reality.

Reaction Score
When you lose arguably the 3 best players off a team and have a team made up of marginal at best upperclass and the rest are untested youth and you expected to exceed last season and gauge the results after 2 games.....ok

If you are talking about the 3 that left from last year's team then OK. But if you are referring to this year. Mama was not looked on as a starter yet alone top 3. That puts him ahead of Adams to name just one.

Reaction Score
If you are talking about the 3 that left from last year's team then OK. But if you are referring to this year. Mama was not looked on as a starter yet alone top 3. That puts him ahead of Adams to name just one.
I'd assume he was talking the players from last year's team. I don't even think Mamadou's family would say he was a top 3 most important players on this year's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom