My ONLY gripe with the half | The Boneyard

My ONLY gripe with the half

Reaction Score
12 turnovers. A lot of unforced ones too. Have to clean that up. I want to see if they can limit TO's in the second to 5 or less.

On the flipside, 16 forced turnovers (overall sloppy game). A lot of fouls too.

Defense was awesome, really wearing down St. Peters and a 17-2 run to break open the game proves that. I would like to see a 10-0 or 14-2 type run out of the gates in the 2nd.

Overall, considering the opponent, pretty good half.

Hopefully, this game wakes up Bouknight for the rest of the season after some slow games. I loved the "failed" alley-oop that still resulted in 2 as well.

I hope Akok-Akok can stay for another year or two and become the next Oakfor with that D and those blocks. Wishful thinking, I know.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not surprised to see a lack of mental focus on offense following the long break. Happy to see the defensive intensity hasn't dropped off.

We are not a good offensive team. Not enough guys who do multiple things well.

Reaction Score
12 turnovers. A lot of unforced ones too.

Have to clean that up. I want to see if they can limit TO's in the second to 5 or less.

Defense was awesome, really wearing down St. Peters and a 17-2 run to break open the game proves that. I would like to see a 10-0 or 14-2 type run out of the gates in the 2nd.

Overall, considering the opponent, pretty good half.

Hopefully, this game wakes up Bouknight for the rest of the season after some slow games. I loved the "failed" alley-oop that still resulted in 2 as well.

I hope Akok-Akok can stay for another year or two and become the next Oakfor with that D and those blocks. Wishful thinking, I know.
I think he is in a uconn uniform just one more year. the kid is an eraser on defense and has high energy. just needs to get a more polished offense

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Why isn’t Bouk, one of the most efficient players in the country, playing more than 15 minutes a game? It makes no sense. His defense isn’t that bad, he’s actuallty fairly active defensively. His minutes allocation makes no sense to me.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why isn’t Bouk, one of the most efficient players in the country, playing more than 15 minutes a game? It makes no sense. His defense isn’t that bad, he’s actuallty fairly active defensively. His minutes allocation makes no sense to me.

Because the head coach is clueless, that’s why.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Maybe Hurley should stick with the starters and stop shuffling players like he’s got a deep bench? Again, they don’t run enough to justify that much subbing, it effects chemistry and in turn forces turnovers on offense. Sorry for all the CV lovers its time for him to come off the bench, that ship has sailed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe Hurley should stick with the starters and stop shuffling players like he’s got a deep bench? Again, they don’t run enough to justify that much subbing, it effects chemistry and in turn forces turnovers on offense. Sorry for all the CV lovers its time for him to come off the bench, that ship has sailed.

Because the two starting guards stunk up the joint the first few minutes and consistently get in the lane and turn it over leading to an unbalanced offense and fast break opportunities for the opponents?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

So he should stick with the starters and doesn’t have a deep bench, but he should also bench one of the starters?

Reaction Score
Gonzaga, on the other hand, has 1 turnover in the first 13 minutes, vs UNC no less. It makes me realize the gap between UConn and the top tier is still wider than I would like to admit but watching these games just makes it obvious immediately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gonzaga, on the other hand, has 1 turnover in the first 13 minutes, vs UNC no less. It makes me realize the gap between UConn and the top tier is still wider than I would like to admit but watching these games just makes it obvious immediately.
UNC is bad right now and Gonzaga is maybe the best team in the country. You're just realizing there is a significant gap between us and the best team?

Almost every top team has also had a w t f game or two already.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Because the two starting guards stunk up the joint the first few minutes and consistently get in the lane and turn it over leading to an unbalanced offense and fast break opportunities for the opponents?
I’m pretty sure I said put CV on the bench. Hurley is not going to sit both of them - they had 27 turnovers as a team- awful

Reaction Score
He had his share of turnovers too. When he’s good, he really is... when he’s off, he is a TO machine.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They will clean that up. I think that the disjointed schedule has had an impact. As a fan it certainly seems like a long time since we played. I certainly don't like the long stretches without games.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
12 turnovers. A lot of unforced ones too. Have to clean that up. I want to see if they can limit TO's in the second to 5 or less.

On the flipside, 16 forced turnovers (overall sloppy game). A lot of fouls too.

Overall, considering the opponent, pretty

Turning into an Okafor would be a dream. Watching UConn ball since Toby and the leaky field, too me, Okafor is one on my top 5 Husky. Not only was he a good ball player he was an all around good person with 2 degrees in 3 years.

Reaction Score
In general, he’s entering the game too late in each half. I didn’t see the start of this game so I’m not sure when he entered but in many games he’s the 4th guy off the bench and is coming into the game with about 12:00 left in the half. If that’s the case in both halves that’s already about 16 minutes of game that he’s automatically not playing. I agree it makes no sense. The simple solution is to start him. To me, Polley seems to have the skills and calm confidence in his shooting to be a very good scorer off the bench..and he also seems to have the right character that I wouldn’t worry about it affecting his mood and happiness

Reaction Score
In general, he’s entering the game too late in each half. I didn’t see the start of this game so I’m not sure when he entered but in many games he’s the 4th guy off the bench and is coming into the game with about 12:00 left in the half. If that’s the case in both halves that’s already about 16 minutes of game that he’s automatically not playing. I agree it makes no sense. The simple solution is to start him. To me, Polley seems to have the skills and calm confidence in his shooting to be a very good scorer off the bench..and he also seems to have the right character that I wouldn’t worry about it affecting his mood and happiness
He was the first player off the bench I believe. He entered with about 15 minutes remaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom