OT: My little UConn fan could use some prayers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: My little UConn fan could use some prayers

Reaction Score
Thinking of you and your family. I have a little girl of my own and my stomach is tight just thinking about your situation. Here’s wishing your daughter a speedy recovery so that you and your family can get back to living as normal a life as possible. Cancer has impacted almost everyone at some point, but it’s not fair for anyone that age to have to go through. Keep your head up and stay strong and positive!

Reaction Score
Just a thought. I see us all in here arguing and going at each other. But with my personal situation, the support was beyond touching. I am happy to buy a shirt for my wife and add a modest donation. It takes a village. I pray your outcome is positive.
Side note, in 2005 my wife had a very rare form of cancer, and was given a 20% chance to live up to 9 months. She is alive today.
God Bless you.

Reaction Score
Thoughts are with you and your family. People say everyone's kid is cute but in your case it's really true, she's incredibly cute and you can tell she has a warriors spirit. I would like to donate and could post on social media with your permission.

Reaction Score
I have a brother in law with special needs (cerebral palsy) so I understand how much it means to have people help. The boneyard has stepped up several times for him so I am happy to pay it forward.

I hope things turn out great and I look forward to wearing my #KENDALLSTRONG sweatshirt!

Step up Boneyard!

Was that GOALS that we used to donate the golf tourney profits to? Was his name Doug? That era really was the Golden Age of the Yard.

Reaction Score
Thoughts are with you and your family. People say everyone's kid is cute but in your case it's really true, she's incredibly cute and you can tell she has a warriors spirit. I would like to donate and could post on social media with your permission.
I would also post it to social media with your permission. This is a cause that all hands on should be on deck for.

Reaction Score
Feel free to share.
There's also a public Facebook group if anyone wants to see how she's doing from time to time.

Thank you again everyone, means a lot to us.
Screenshot_20190220-142501.png

Reaction Score
Hey guys, not sure if we allow posts like this but figured I'd give it a shot.

My 3 year old, turning 4 March 7th, was diagnosed with kidney cancer last weekend. Shes autistic (mostly) nonverbal and really doesn't understand why all these strangers in lab coats keep poking and prodding her. Shes a super strong girl but could always use a little more support from friends, family, and maybe even the yard. Today she had her biopsy today, port placement, first round of chemo and is hanging tough.

Below is a link to a fundraiser friends have made for her, buy a t shirt or just send some prayers and good energy our way!

Support Kendall Lord | Bonfire
View attachment 39882
fight on little tiger!

Reaction Score
Feel free to share.
There's also a public Facebook group if anyone wants to see how she's doing from time to time.

Thank you again everyone, means a lot to us.
View attachment 39916

Keep the faith... CCMC does some fantastic and miraculous things. We are lucky to have the specialized care between there and YNH Children’s Hospital nearby for the little ones in our lives.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Was that GOALS that we used to donate the golf tourney profits to? Was his name Doug? That era really was the Golden Age of the Yard.
That wasn't my brother in law. We do a walk, well, stroll and roll, for him every year and I've only asked over the last 3 or 4 years for Boneyard support.

I wasn't able to attend the golf tourneys, but from what it sounds like what you did there, to the donations for the calhoun retirement life saving heart pump to those for my brother in law, no matter how messed up the Boneyard can get, we are an amazingly giving group of people. Proud of us for that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That wasn't my brother in law. We do a walk, well, stroll and roll, for him every year and I've only asked over the last 3 or 4 years for Boneyard support.

I wasn't able to attend the golf tourneys, but from what it sounds like what you did there, to the donations for the calhoun retirement life saving heart pump to those for my brother in law, no matter how messed up the Boneyard can get, we are an amazingly giving group of people. Proud of us for that.

This might pre-date you a little bit.

There was a fellow on the Syracuse board who had been paralyzed in a car accident years and years ago.

He started a foundation to help people in a similar circumstance get back out into the world.

With his help, we raised money to customize a van for a young father who had been paralyzed and customize a room in an infant's grandparents' house after he was paralyzed in an accident that killed his parents.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This might pre-date you a little bit.

There was a fellow on the Syracuse board who had been paralyzed in a car accident years and years ago.

He started a foundation to help people in a similar circumstance get back out into the world.

With his help, we raised money to customize a van for a young father who had been paralyzed and customize a room in an infant's grandparents' house after he was paralyzed in an accident that killed his parents.
That's great stuff. I think I may have been around (since 97 or 98), just not so actively involved.

Bottom line, we are really amazing at these things.

So for anyone who hasn't, step up for Kendall!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom