My Fandom Is Unshaken | The Boneyard

My Fandom Is Unshaken

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hate the loss of course. But my affection for the members of the team of 2018 is undiminished. I feel their pain and would take some of it on for them if I could. This is my program and they are my kids and with eyes wide open I say they were and are great.

UConn isn't a yearly team. It's a dynasty, a sisterhood that even now is reaching out to sustain the bruised kids of 2018, and it's a fan base mature enough not to measure success or failure on National Championships alone.

As far as this year and the last I watched many minutes of glorious basketball against heavy competition and not. I don't grade the UConn Huskies season by season against that unreasonable ideal that haunts Geno and has infected way too many fans. This season and last are still very special to me and in the context of the basketball history of UConn WCBB, which is unparalleled, the teams of 2017 and 2018 have upheld the honor of the program and more than met its standards of excellence.

Reaction Score
I hate the loss of course. But my affection for the members of the team of 2018 is undiminished. I feel their pain and would take some of it on for them if I could. This is my program and they are my kids and with eyes wide open I say they were and are great.

UConn isn't a yearly team. It's a dynasty, a sisterhood that even now is reaching out to sustain the bruised kids of 2018, and it's a fan base mature enough not to measure success or failure on National Championships alone.

As far as this year and the last I watched many minutes of glorious basketball against heavy competition and not. I don't grade the UConn Huskies season by season against that unreasonable ideal that haunts Geno and has infected way too many fans. This season and last are still very special to me and in the context of the basketball history of UConn WCBB, which is unparalleled, the teams of 2017 and 2018 have upheld the honor of the program and more than met its standards of excellence.
Guess I’m not part of the “mature” fan base. My standard of excellence is national championship and that standard has not been met recently.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Guess I’m not part of the “mature” fan base. My standard of excellence is national championship and that standard has not been met recently.

Don't knock being immature @j66kicker. Mature isn't really all that it is cracked up to be. :rolleyes: Take it from an expert in mature.

stock-photo-rear-view-vertical-shot-of-an-old-man-walking-with-a-black-cane-isolated-on-white-background-407005297.jpg

JS

Reaction Score

My, how you do wax eloquent from time to time.

stock-vector-eagle-speaks-from-tribune-cartoon-styled-vector-illustration-elements-is-grouped-and-divided-into-529236088.jpg

Reaction Score

LIKE A ROCK.... ;) Ditto, there are 335 D1 schools with woman's basketball. I'll comment in the form of a question. How many of that number would love to say they only lost two games in two years and both were in the final four?

Reaction Score
You rally need to get out of the Uconn Womens basketball bubble and see how the real world is. 2 years and no championship after 4 straight. 10 straight final fours ? This fan base is Delusional with their unrealistic crazy expectations.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My, how you do wax eloquent from time to time.

stock-vector-eagle-speaks-from-tribune-cartoon-styled-vector-illustration-elements-is-grouped-and-divided-into-529236088.jpg
From a life now far far away. But thanks, though I never looked as grand as that bird!

Reaction Score
So so so proud of this team and the program.... I have been reflecting not only last day, but for last month or so.... and thinking how hard it is to win the whole thing..... there is a reason no coach in game today has more than 2 national titles.... other than Geno and team..... so difficult.... Congrats to ND on victory.... with many injuries.... Muffet has done great job.... yes they are rival.... and I dislike them like everyone else.... but tip of the hat to them.... 2 good programs battling tomorrow.

Reaction Score
You rally need to get out of the Uconn Womens basketball bubble and see how the real world is. 2 years and no championship after 4 straight. 10 straight final fours ? This fan base is Delusional with their unrealistic crazy expectations.
I like it that way

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And I've read a post or two suggesting Geno needs to change how he does things. Seems to me the last ten years he's been pretty successful.

Geno and crew are always looking for new things and sometimes its from a visit with a friend in NBA coaching and sometimes it comes while watching a high school game. I'm not reading a lot of these threads because nothing is as unattractive as a jilted fan's off the cuff remarks, plus lurkers with questionable motives do come out to play and I'd hate to be drawn into that.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Geno and crew are always looking for new things and sometimes its from a visit with a friend in NBA coaching and sometimes it comes while watching a high school game. I'm not reading a lot of these threads because nothing is as unattractive as a jilted fan's off the cuff remarks, plus lurkers with questionable motives do come out to play and I'd hate to be drawn into that.
I'm a little fuzzy on your point. I'm not being drawn into anything. And these were not trolls. And I know Geno is always looking for new ideas.

To clarify where I'm coming from: Some on this board evidently feel that because UConn has failed to win a national championship two years in a row, he needs to change the way he does things. I disagree with that position.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm a little fuzzy on your point. I'm not being drawn into anything. And these were not trolls. And I know Geno is always looking for new ideas.

To clarify where I'm coming from: Some on this board evidently feel that because UConn has failed to win a national championship two years in a row, he needs to change the way he does things. I disagree with that position.

Sorry if I gave you the idea I was shooting at you; just offering reinforcements.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Don't knock being immature @j66kicker. Mature isn't really all that it is cracked up to be. :rolleyes: Take it from an expert in mature.

stock-photo-rear-view-vertical-shot-of-an-old-man-walking-with-a-black-cane-isolated-on-white-background-407005297.jpg
Hey Rocky. I hope there is a difference between mature and just old:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom