MWC TV Channel is dead | The Boneyard

MWC TV Channel is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Received an email from Direct TV yesterday letting me know that the Mountain West Conference TV channel was going out of business. Guess that MWC/CUSA merger was their last hope.

Reaction Score
FWIW: I"m not posting a reference, but I think that it will become clear in the not too distant future that the MWC channel was viable and that the merger was never on hold. The contracts in place for broadcasting with MWC channel though? THose were definitely in the way of a merger, and the only way to make those broadcasting arrangments to go away - is for the MWC channel to stop all business operations altogether, to allow the paperwork to be done for the merger. When it reality, nothing is goign to be stopped, they're just suspending operations until the merger is complete and will resume under a new business entity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CUSA merged with other schools already, is Old Dominion going to now merge with San Jose State? I thought the hangup was the conferences would lose the exiting schools exit fees if they merged.

Its a shame what happened to Mountain West. It was a good league.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
CUSA merged with other schools already, is Old Dominion going to now merge with San Jose State? I thought the hangup was the conferences would lose the exiting schools exit fees if they merged.

It was a pretty damn good league. The whole conference re-shuffling just sucks.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Are you serious? You bash the current BE to no tomorrow but the MW was a good league? Give me a break.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are you serious? You bash the current BE to no tomorrow but the MW was a good league? Give me a break.

Its all relative. Mountain West was a good league because it was 9 teams for all sports, which is the best alignment. It was a competitive league with a level of play that was a decent quality in a geography that made sense.

Thinking that Mountain West was a good league for UNLV and New Mexico is a bit different than thinking UConn deserves better than a league with SMU and UCF.

9 teams that make geographical sense versus a basketball league that will send Seton Hall and Providence to play Houston.

Yeah there is no way to think that Mountain West was a good league and the New Big East is terrible - UConn and Memphis should have similar aspirations.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The Mountain West had mostly mediocre academics, a few quality football programs (TCU/Utah/BYU) with several big-time duds, and for the most part was a nonfactor in all other sports. Hurray for 9 teams and somewhat consistent geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom